Binos: If Swaro prices = no go... what would be your choice if Budget = $1K?

ChrisAU

WKR
I can't tell exactly, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were made in the same plant as the BX-4's. It's very common. There are only 3-4 places that make all the sub-1K bins, and they just put different wrappers and labels on them.

The Burris signature HD's? They have a significantly low FOV if the specs published are correct. 330ft for 8x42 is lowww.

JGRaider

WKR
The Burris signature HD's? They have a significantly low FOV if the specs published are correct. 330ft for 8x42 is lowww.

I too like the BX4 8x42's, but the eye relief isn't much better than that Burris. I believe it's in the 360' range which is narrow by 8x42 standards.

ChrisAU

WKR
I too like the BX4 8x42's, but the eye relief isn't much better than that Burris. I believe it's in the 360' range which is narrow by 8x42 standards.

Assume you mean FOV, and yes, the BX-4's are narrow as well at 368'. The Burris is unforgivably narrow at 330'. Heck my cheap Diamondback HD's are 393'.

Dualsight

FNG
Since no one has mentioned them so far, if you are looking for a high quality optic for an "affordable" price, the Tract TORIC binoculars have great reviews. They are direct manufacturer sales company, so this is what keeps the price down. SCHOTT HT glass. There are YouTube video reviews, online reviews, and you can talk directly to the owner on the phone for questions, concerns, holiday sales, etc.

I purchased a Tract TORIC riflescope and am thoroughly impressed with every aspect of the scope.

Since no one has mentioned them so far, if you are looking for a high quality optic for an "affordable" price, ...

I purchased a Tract TORIC riflescope and am thoroughly impressed with every aspect of the scope.

I picked up some Tract Toric binoculars very cheap a little while ago and sold them here, as I did not need them. I was very impressed with their clarity and low light ability

Thomahawk

FNG
Just looked through some maven and “I have Leica “ out in Wy and the maven where really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcm2

WKR
I'm the guy who bought a pair of used 8x32 Swarovskis for $500 on ebay. Perfect condition, black rather than green. I'd rather buy used quality than new stuff that's not as good or as robust. YMMV.