Binoc harness Recomendations

Mr Ruff

FNG
I have a pair of Swarovski 12x50 EL binocs and am looking for a new harness to carry them on a Western hunt. I have the eyecups partly up as I don't wear glasses. I am not looking to carry a bunch of stuff in it. I want to protect the glasses but do not want a bulky pack if possible. I will be wearing it over some heavier clothes as well. I sure would appreciate some recommendations.

Stone Glaciers harness is great for what you want. I use one and don’t like carrying extra stuff in one either. It’s very minimal but you can add side pockets like a rangefinder or phone if you want.

I have the eberlestock bino harness and absolutely love it. Plus, if you ever decide you want to add other pouches or attachments down the road, it's pretty simple with the molle attachment system

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
The vast majority of the current binó harnesses are good. You need to try a few out with your gear in them over your clothing under your pack to see what you’ll prefer. Look for a closure that opens away from your chest, and a pouch ecosystem that has solid easy attachments and jives with how you carry your pistol.

I switched from the excellent marsupial to the SG primarily for water resistance and secondarily for pouch ecosystem.

-J

Mt4+4

FNG
I also use the eberlestock recon and its been a fantastic harness. If you decide to add some pouches later
you have a very modular system to work with .

Muley freak or mystery ranch I like and continue to use, I do not recommend the Sitka Mountain Harness I got rid of it after running for a season.

GKWMontana

Lil-Rokslider
I had KUIU harnesses before and really liked them.I just switched to SG.and really like them. 1I days straight so far and I like them a lot.

After buying a few different kinds I settled into my Marsupial. It checks all my boxes. I just wanted one that was light weight but durable, comfortable, opened to the front, holds my binos , wind checker , a few spare rounds, a place for my iphone and a lens cleaning cloth. I have a separate LRF pouch. In many places I hunt I dont need the LRF and like the option of taking it off.

My AGC is bomb proof and holds my LRF but its too big and opens the wrong way. It lives in my truck with spare bino in it.

JREG19

Lil-Rokslider
I ran Kuiu's for a long time but they get a lot of debris inside of them. I just switched to the Alaska Guide Creations and really like it so far, I think the design lends better to keeping debris out.

cjdewese

WKR
I just got the marsupial pack and used it the 1st three days of season and I can say I honestly forgot it was there and would leave it on after getting back to camp before taking it off.

I have the rangefinder pouch, side pouch and under pouch.

I use the bottom one as a 1st aid kit, side for my headlamp, the various zippers for tags a d a bow tool.

It's Pricey but yoy can catch the bundles on sale from time to time.

Trldad

FNG
I have the Mystery Ranch and have been very happy with it. I got a new pair of binos that don't fit and I am waiting for an Eberlestock Recon to come in. Heard great things about it.

Sinistram

FNG
As many have said, pretty much all the options are good. I tried a bunch and ultimately settled on the cheapo Vortex glasspak. Why? The lining in many of the models mentioned here are a soft fleece, which is great for protecting the optics, but can catch and snag them when inserting or removing them. I liked the smooth nylon interior of the vortex, as it eliminates that issue and still does a good job keeping things safe and secure. That, and the vortex is about a third the cost of the rest. Been working great for me for about four years now.