Bino Harness

I have horn hunter with attachment for a rangefinder if some one wants it . It is nice closes with a mag and gang finder is on a teather. Going to get the larger one for my bigger binons now. These will fit up to a 10x 42 maybe even a 12 x 42. Pictures you can find on my post Nikon Monarchs 10 x 42 for sale. $50 shipped tyd

slick

WKR
9d61afa660a80f50b2b7ef81cc5e24ef.jpg

Has anyone come across these? I don't know what it is, but looks super burly. I came across it watching some 'yote hunting videos tonight. Search Oneil Ops on YouTube.

kodiakfly

WKR
9d61afa660a80f50b2b7ef81cc5e24ef.jpg

Has anyone come across these? I don't know what it is, but looks super burly. I came across it watching some 'yote hunting videos tonight. Search Oneil Ops on YouTube.

That's an Alaskan Guide Creations (AGC). I have one and they are super burly. Some guys don't like them because they're so heavy duty. I love mine because I use it as a bino carrier, but also stock survival gear in it and works great in that role. Carries great as well.

slick

WKR
Thanks! I thought that's what it was after looking at the beginning of this discussion. But then I went to the website and they don't have very clear pictures of it

Edit: looked at the 'buy now' option and the pictures are very clear. Should've done some research.

Last edited:
I've got both the kuiu and Alaska guide harnesses. The thing that sold the kuiu for me is that if I am glossing and need to make a shot or move real quick I don't have to put them back in the pouch they are attached to a strap so they will just hang there. The Alaska guides one nothing attaches the Binos to you. So if you have them out and a animal sneaks in or something it would be easier to set them
Down then try putting them back in the pouch

kodiakfly

WKR
I've got both the kuiu and Alaska guide harnesses. The thing that sold the kuiu for me is that if I am glossing and need to make a shot or move real quick I don't have to put them back in the pouch they are attached to a strap so they will just hang there. The Alaska guides one nothing attaches the Binos to you. So if you have them out and a animal sneaks in or something it would be easier to set them
Down then try putting them back in the pouch

I left my bino strap attached and drape that over my neck so I can hang them in a hurry. And you can attach the binos to the harness with paracord or get some 1/4" webbing of whatever fits your binos and attach them with that.

Love the AGC.

dotman

WKR
I keep reading and re reading these post and my head still spins. I never would have thought I would have spent this much time contemplating bino harness. Dang. From what I have seen, I like the AGC and Kuiu. I may buy both and give them a try. I don't like the attachment point with the Kuiu.

Checkout the bino bro pro, Kuiu is similar but the bino bro pro has a better overall setup IMO.

CoHiCntry

WKR
I keep reading and re reading these post and my head still spins. I never would have thought I would have spent this much time contemplating bino harness. Dang. From what I have seen, I like the AGC and Kuiu. I may buy both and give them a try. I don't like the attachment point with the Kuiu.

Unfortunatly, that's about what you have to do, otherwise you'll never know. I bought both the Kuiu and AGC and tried them both out. Now I know for sure which one works best for me now. (AGC)

OP
n2horns

n2horns

WKR
I have settled on 2 options, Bino Bro Pro or the FHF. Is one better when putting binos back into case easier, like a one handed operation? When bow hunting, I don't want to put my bow down to pub binos back in case. Does anyone know which one of these is better suited for one hand operation?

I just purchased the Kuiu based on what was said in this discussion. Can't wait to get it. Hopefully my new Steiner 10x42 fit in. I hope to weigh in this discussion once I try them out.

trk3263

WKR
I have settled on 2 options, Bino Bro Pro or the FHF. Is one better when putting binos back into case easier, like a one handed operation? When bow hunting, I don't want to put my bow down to pub binos back in case. Does anyone know which one of these is better suited for one hand operation?

I have ran both and once you are use to them one handed operation works pretty smooth. The FHF might be a slight easier with one hand but only because it is more rigid. I ran a Bino bro and the Bino bro pro for about two seasons ran the FHF last season. Not going to be much help but both systems work well and I have been thinking about getting a Bino bro again and having both.
I like how the FHF is rigid and is very well built. I often run the lid tucked inside for open access to my binos. I also like the simple side and front pockets for wind checker and calls.
The Bino bro is lighter weight and is similar to Kuiu's design but with a better harness. Bino bro does lack attachment straps for securing the binos and they are free when removed so can be lost.
I think many will agree there is no perfect Bino harness yet. You would think someone on here would research all the Bino harness threads on here and make the perfect harness. Kifaru?!
One thing I find is the good harnesses like FHF and AKG harnesses are heavy and the lightweight harnesses are missing important items.

jmez

WKR
I've used the FHF for a year now and am going to try the Kuiu.

Just not a fan. It is well built and both holds/protects the binos well. Keeps them tight to the chest, no bouncing or moving. Don't have to worry about them if crawling.

The material is loud. Not noticeable on an archery elk hunt. Very noticeable in a deer stand on a cold day. They aren't good for one handed operation. They have an elastic cord that pulls down and hooks under a tab. The lid/cover is large so there is very little room for the elastic loop that hooks it. With gloves on don't even attempt to hook it back up. If the lid isn't hooked then the binos tip forward so the lid is half open. Possible it could get in the way when shooting a bow. Since the binos tip forward it also compounds the problem of closing the lid one handed. You need to push them back with your opposite hand to get the lid to come over or try to push them back with your wrist as you stretch the cord one handed. Since the elastic loop is so small this is nearly impossible. The pockets are a good idea and could be handy if they were bigger. The mesh pockets will hold a wind checker, you need two ungloved hands to get it back in. It is also difficult to pull out and gloves again compound this. There is a zippered pocket that calls will fit into, wothless IMO. It is very tight and small. Almost have to loosen a side strap or unhook one so you can tip the entire pouch out away from you to get into the pocket. Keeps your calls in a handy spot, isn't handy to use.

I'm wanting to try Kuiu as well. I'm currently using Rick Young's harness and find it comfortable but I have to baby the binos cause theres bothing to protect them. The AGC was too bulky for my tastes-- excellent product though.

OP
n2horns

n2horns

WKR
I am thinking on the Bino Bro Pro of running a line/webbing thru the upper harness and add a buckle or something to have the binos attached if needed. I don't know, its freaking driving me crazy trying to find the right one. I guess like anything else, you need to buy 2 or 3 to have the right one figured out.

Kifaru can do it! Take all 3 and make a new harness.

I have tried them all. Right now I have a bino bro, and FHF, and my wife has a kuiu. I hate the KUIU, I think she likes it because she likes the ram on the front and leaves her glass tucked away in it while I do all the work.

I think that if I can get the bino bro to be more rigid... it will be the perfect one for me. I LOVE the fhf, but I really like the lid to open the other way, and I like the way that the pockets are set up on the binobro pro... the one on the bottom is genius. Very usable compared to others. The only problem I am having with the binobro is one handed operation. The fhf is a breeze one handed once you get the hang of it. As someone suggested, I am going to take some lightweight plastic (milk jug like stuff) and cover it in felt and try to stiffen it up. I think that it should be easy.

I think that JMEZ above got the wrong size and is giving a poor impression of how the hook closure works. If the lid is overlapping the hook, you got too big of a pouch. You need some space there so there is tension on the elastic loop. If you have some tension, one handed use is simple.

Joe

goldenarrow

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the Bino Bro Pro. I will try to post my thoughts after I receive it. Though I don't know how valuable they will be having never used anything besides a neck strap or a Cabelas harness.