Bino Harness

Anybody bow hunt with the Alaskan guide creations harness? Looks pretty slick, but kinda like it would be in your string at full draw.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Anybody bow hunt with the Alaskan guide creations harness? Looks pretty slick, but kinda like it would be in your string at full draw.

I have only practiced with mine on, so take that for what its worth and it seems to work fine. Afteamroper has first hand experience with it actually hunting with it so that is positive to hear.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU

I shot an elk this year while wearing my AGC. No issues for me.

kodiakfly

WKR
I used an FHF for a while and it worked like a champ, but I use my bino harness as more of a survival kit so I went to a Alaska Guide harness for it's additional zippered pockets. The FHF carried really well and comfortable but it needed more secure pockets for me.

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
I used an FHF for a while and it worked like a champ, but I use my bino harness as more of a survival kit so I went to a Alaska Guide harness for it's additional zippered pockets. The FHF carried really well and comfortable but it needed more secure pockets for me.

Would you say the FHF rides/carries better than the AGC?

kodiakfly

WKR
Would you say the FHF rides/carries better than the AGC?

Nah, I'd not say that. The FHF was pretty slim and compact until you opened it and the lid came up into your face. Not a huge deal, but the lid was in your face when you opened it. But the FHF carries very well.

I use my bino harness as more of a survival pack than as a bino harness. I carry fire starter/Vaseline gauze, water tablets, a signal mirror, etc in my bino harness. And I do carry binos in it when I have a pack on, but when I take off my pack to do a stalk or something, I take the binos out and carry them on their strap across my chest and I move my 10mm into the bino pocket. So I do like a bino harness that 1)has storage and 2) is secure enough to carry a loaded handgun. That's the only reason I went to the Alaskan Guide- it had zippered pockets and the main pocket is a secure clip vs a tab that holds a chord like on the FHF. If I was using them PURELY as a bino carrier, I'd go with the FHF. But using them as a bino/gun/survival pack, I prefer the Alaskan Guide for it's pockets and security.

And I think it's pretty cool that Jaret Owens included a hand written letter with my pack with advice on weather proofing and to call him with any questions. Pretty coo in this day and age..

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
And I think it's pretty cool that Jaret Owens included a hand written letter with my pack with advice on weather proofing and to call him with any questions. Pretty coo in this day and age..

Agreed, I appreciated that as well!!! Seems like a great guy!

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, sounds good, I'm gonna give it a go. I really like the fhf but would be nice with the pockets for some hunts.

I used one all season this year. Came to full draw on one bull and arrowed a cow while wearing it. I also have countless arrows practicing with it and no problems.

I have only practiced with mine on, so take that for what its worth and it seems to work fine. Afteamroper has first hand experience with it actually hunting with it so that is positive to hear.

I shot an elk this year while wearing my AGC. No issues for me.

Thanks for your responses, looks like I have something else to save for now :)

Should have no problems shooting a bow. But Im referring to the compact model. The bigger model is bigger and might pose a threat. But then again I have a buddy who has been using the the orginal model for years and bowhunts with it no problem/.

CoHiCntry

WKR

I agree too. He is a great guy to deal with. Very helpful! Glad to hear others are using the AGC when their bow hunting too. That was another concern. I'm "between" bows right now so didn't have one to draw back with it on. Got the KUIU I ordered in the mail today. Definitely a lot different than the AGC. Will try them both out next week to see which gets the nod.

OR Archer

WKR
Ive tried a few different bino pouches and I have to say I don't care for them. I just can't get to my binos as fast as I could like. I currently use an S4. I like the idea of this harness yet it has it's short comings too. If I had the time I'd like to try making my own. I have s few ideas on how to improve the design of the S4 to fit my needs. Might be a good winter time project haha.