Bino Harness

tsm213

FNG
There are adak harnesses on Camofire right on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badlands bino mag best piece of hunting equipment I have ever purchased! Just upgraded to the XR so holds my range finder also now! Lifetime guarantee also

Question for the guys using bino harnesses with magnetic closures - does it really screw up your GPS as much as some people say? I want to buy a marsupial harness but the magnetic closure has me leaning towards kuiu or Adak. If the magnets mess with a GPS that much I don't think I want one...

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
I use a gps all the time and can say for certain it will jack with it. It messed with mine to the point I will not trust it if I have my marsupial harness on.

I would say badlands but they slashed their military discount program...sad

They slashed it? I’m pretty sure they still have it, but the percentage off received dropped 10% from what it used to be. I could be wrong, but that’s what I heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Check out the Badlands XR bino case. Uses magnets vs. zippers. Nice kit.

This. I had it before I went to the D-mag because I wanted a little more room in the bino compartment. The side zipper pockets are money for calls and wind checker, so I’m probably going back to it this season. And your phone slips neatly in on the back so it sits between your chest and the actual binos, keeping it warmer on those cold days that kill your battery.

JMDavies

WKR
I've got the AGC Cub. I'm also looking for something new. The AGC is built well and have a lot of room for misc. items but is far to bulky for me.

I really like my agc keeps my Binos rangefinder and enough small items I need... and Copenhagen fits in the top lid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slashed=reduced

Reduced by 10-30% in some cases; increase of select items that discount can not be applied to.

Oh gotcha. I was only aware of the 10% drop so I wasn’t sure if they did away with it completely without my knowing. At least they have a program though- although I’ve noticed all of their stuff jumped dramatically in price this past year.

barrister

WKR
I use a gps all the time and can say for certain it will jack with it. It messed with mine to the point I will not trust it if I have my marsupial harness on.

Is this interference only if you are storing the GPS in a pocket adapter attached to the harness, or is it a problem if you try to use the GPS anywhere in the presence of the harness. For example, if I carry my GPS in my backpack, will it be an issue if I pull it out and try to get a reading while wearing the magnetic bino harness?

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Garmin 64s and if I hold it anywhere within about 16-24 inches of my harness it will mess with the reading. It’s to the point where I wont hardly trust it when I have my bino harness on. I really like my marsupial and the magnetic closures but I count on my gps quite a bit and cant risk it.

I just purchased the adak harness from camofire - $79.99, no magnets. I'm excited to try it out. It does not have extra pockets for odds and ends but I am OK with that...

Question for the guys using bino harnesses with magnetic closures - does it really screw up your GPS as much as some people say? I want to buy a marsupial harness but the magnetic closure has me leaning towards kuiu or Adak. If the magnets mess with a GPS that much I don't think I want one...

I’ve never had an issue with my garmin inreach in the badlands harnesses

2ski

WKR
I like my FHF. There may not be room to carry tons if extra things but it fits snuck to my chest and doesn't bounce. I own a badlands too and liked it until my FHF. It bounces some. When I bought my badlands it was like $120. My FHF a few years later was in the $70ish range. I tried on an AGC at Scheels and it was too bulky for me.

11bravo

FNG
Check out the AGC KISS, minimalist approach but still carries the essentials.

I've had an Alaska Guide Creations Kodiak Cub Max for a few years now and have been very pleased. Haven't found any negatives about it yet. I recently bought a new pair of Kowa Genesis 44 10.5's, and it would have been nice to be able to use the same harness, but the fit is just a titch too snug. So, I ordered a new Kodiak Classic Max for them, and its like deja vu all over again. Now the wife gets a new, to her, set of binos AND a new, to her, harness.