Bino Harness

D wine

FNG
I like the Alaska Guide Creations harnesses. Little bulkier than the other two mentioned but I can fit my range finder, small survival kit, havalon/blades, headlamp, etc all in my bino harness.
Depending on your needs I’ve found this to work best for me as well. As stated has room for a range finer and additional items used frequently like wind checker.

Just received my adak harness from camofire and I really like the feel of it. Obviously, I haven't had it in the field yet but seems well made and quiet to open and close. I was concerned about the magnets on some of the other harnesses and felt this was a good option. I also like that it came with the rangefinder pouch. Archery turkey season opens next week!

excaliber

WKR
I'm looking at getting a new Bino Harness too. I wanted to like the AGC but they are just so bulky. I don't need all the extras as I can keep my knives and GPS somewhere else like in my Pack.
I think they are just too big.
I'm liking the looks of the new Kuiu bino harness. It looks like it holds tight against your chest and isn't too bulky.

Last edited:
I see multiple people comment on the bulkiness of the AGC harness. When I first received mine two years ago, I too had concerns. I can tell you that once you've worn it for awhile, you (or I do at least), forget it's even there. I have full range of movement. I can draw my bow and handle my rifle with no interference at all.

West.mass.hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I was using the outdoor vision but the magnet was messing up my GPS. It was clipped to the harness so it was within inches of the magnet. Glad my buddy connected the dots on that or I would have sent the GPS in for service. I couldn't extend my arm far enough away from the harness to get a good reading and I'm 6'3".
I'm now using AGC hybrid max, a tad on the bulky side but shooting the bow and guns at the range while wearing it got me real comfortable with it.

HDwild

WKR
I'll add that the AGC Kodiak Cub MAX is an awesome harness. It is really nice to have a bunch of essentials strapped to your chest in case you need to drop pack and boogie. BUT, as with a huge backpack, the more room you have, the more likely you are to carry extra bullshit that you don't actually need. The biggest downsides are that the harness is bulky, not super comfortable, and the lid opens towards you which gets annoying.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
Alaska Guide Creations. Only one I’ve found that doesn’t loosen up and droop forward. I like a harness flat and high against my upper chest

solomike

FNG
It seems like everyone is heading the expensive route for a harness so you might as well get something comfortable. I personally am not a huge fan of how bulky many of them are without having much room for other items. I went with the badlands mag because I’ve always liked the no zipper design and how compact it is. It makes pulling my binos out quick easy and most importantly quiet. My range finder snaps right on the side and it works well. I recently just purchased their anything pouch as well and this can clamp right on top of the harness and fits my phone, lighter, tags and other small things. I was worried it would be too much but it’s not at all. It’s not super bulky and if I am bow hunting I simply pop the pouch off and go about my day. I use it almost every time I go out. I don’t have any other badlands products, but I’ve had awesome luck with past products and the lifetime warranty. Here are a few pics
7c4dcc3037d1f4d4d683bb834fe2145d.jpg

2ed8654780404e02432bb59255ec21b3.jpg

754bd607c5bc0ae7882b75b49223afe4.jpg

c3234665a6811905edafc1a603b24500.jpg

e5bc17c1bebdf7d21515fd64289a75f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run 2 different ones, I have the Sitka one and I have the T&K hunting one, both are great options, both are built well, I have the older Sitka one so it’s a little small for my big binos but I love how it sits and sets up for my archery set up, they fixed that now offering 2 sizes. The T&K is Larger and modular, being 1000d it is built super tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the alsken guide creations kiss with under pocket and rangefinder lanyard and pouch.
I'm looking at getting a new Bino Harness too. I wanted to like the AGC but they are just so bulky. I don't need all the extras as I can keep my knives and GPS somewhere else like in my Pack.
I think they are just too big.
I'm liking the looks of the new Kuiu bino harness. It looks like it holds tight against your chest and isn't too bulky.
Look at the kiss with the basement pocket. Its actually quite compact and streamline.

ZuluBravo

WKR
Been a big fan of the Outdoor Vision Bino harness for the last couple of years. Comfortable harness, quiet magnetic closure, small organizer pocket. The new Kuiu harness looks nice as well.

Another vote for the AGC. It is very well built and doesnt seem to droop/loosen like other i have tried

jrnd

Lil-Rokslider
Really like my alaska guide creations with the kiss maxx pocket.

406unltd

WKR
I’ve used the AGC for the last few years. I love that thing. I might change things up this year though. I always keep most of that type of gear/ and camo to have for my sons when they get older. Save money and they will have decent gear. Kids are spoiled compared to how I rolled around the woods when I was younger lol.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I use a Garmin 64s and if I hold it anywhere within about 16-24 inches of my harness it will mess with the reading. It’s to the point where I wont hardly trust it when I have my bino harness on. I really like my marsupial and the magnetic closures but I count on my gps quite a bit and cant risk it.
This is weird because a small earth magnet should not have an impact of a frequency coming from the GPS consolation in space. There is zero bleed over in which this would have an affect.
It would mess with the compass but it would take a magnet almost x8 the size of the one in the bino harness to give your GPS receiver a timing error.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

bobclem11

FNG
I really dig the FHF harness, seems like just the right amount of modularity for my liking and I like what the company stands for. That new Sitka harness has really caught my attention though🤔

mlgc20

WKR
I love my AGC Alaskan with the Max pocket. I often leave my full pack in the truck or at camp and just take the AGC. It has a small headlamp, TP, binos, range finder, chapstick, and a snack.