Bino Harness

Ben RT

Lil-Rokslider
I have experience with three: Alaska Guide Creations (Kodiak CUB w/ MAX), Outdoor Vision Ridgetop, and the Adak.

I like certain things about all of them, but it's amazing how different they all are. Personally I liked the feel (carry) of the Outdoor Vision Ridgetop the best, but wasn't crazy about the magnets and open edges. The Alaska Guide Creations fit is a bit sloppier / bulkier, but it holds sooooooo much stuff. It's basically a man-purse that carries a bunch of essential items at all times (i.e. fire starter, water tabs, knife, wind checker, p-cord, a snack, etc. etc.) along with my glass and rangefinder. I don't feel ill-prepared if something unplanned takes place and I'm away from my main pack. I don't necessarily like the rangefinder up front, but I do like how the rangefinder cord is contained within the pouch while it's stowed (less dangling line to get tangled up on). The Adak fit and feel is somewhere in-between, but it really has hardly any room to carry extras, and I'm not a fan of how the rangefinder cord hangs out in the open -- so I'm not real fond of it.

I'd like to try the Kuiu PRO harness -- I think that might be the hot ticket for me as it appears to have the attributes I liked about each of the 3 I've owned, without the parts I didn't like.

OP
TheKid

TheKid

FNG
I have experience with three: Alaska Guide Creations (Kodiak CUB w/ MAX), Outdoor Vision Ridgetop, and the Adak.

I like certain things about all of them, but it's amazing how different they all are. Personally I liked the feel (carry) of the Outdoor Vision Ridgetop the best, but wasn't crazy about the magnets and open edges. The Alaska Guide Creations fit is a bit sloppier / bulkier, but it holds sooooooo much stuff. It's basically a man-purse that carries a bunch of essential items at all times (i.e. fire starter, water tabs, knife, wind checker, p-cord, a snack, etc. etc.) along with my glass and rangefinder. I don't feel ill-prepared if something unplanned takes place and I'm away from my main pack. I don't necessarily like the rangefinder up front, but I do like how the rangefinder cord is contained within the pouch while it's stowed (less dangling line to get tangled up on). The Adak fit and feel is somewhere in-between, but it really has hardly any room to carry extras, and I'm not a fan of how the rangefinder cord hangs out in the open -- so I'm not real fond of it.

I'd like to try the Kuiu PRO harness -- I think that might be the hot ticket for me as it appears to have the attributes I liked about each of the 3 I've owned, without the parts I didn't like.
Thanks for the info. I've been looking at the AGK and Kuiu ones for a while now. I tried the Kuiu one out at GAOS (Great American Outdoor Show) and was very impressed with it, almost pulled the trigger on it but I figured I'd ask around to see what else was out there.

IDTravis

FNG
AGK Kodiak Cub. Love the front rangefinder pocket and the side mesh pockets are perfect for calls and wind checker. I really like the mesh for pockets for calls, easy to see which one I'm grabbing if I need to switch and the mesh let's them air out.

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the Badlands XR bino case. Uses magnets vs. zippers. Nice kit.

Attachments

• 435DD27D-0C73-421E-96BB-1A4EA62FE8B4.jpeg
    435DD27D-0C73-421E-96BB-1A4EA62FE8B4.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 58

pirogue

WKR
I used the Kuiu in size Large for my Swaro EL 10 X 42, and then got the Kuiu Pro in size Large, last year. Don’t understand why the Pro was made larger, but it is a lot larger, and sticks out from the chest more. Something a bow hunter doesn’t want.

tdot

WKR
I liked the original Kuiu alot, but was frustrated with the open back. I ended up trying a few different harnesses, but sold them all once the Kuiu Pro was in my hands. It's generally a step up from the original and solves my biggest frustration with it. However it still isnt perfect. Way too big for my 8x bino's and it almost doubled in weight. So in the end, I think I will mod my Original Kuiu for my 8x and keep the Pro for my 12x.

BluMtn

WKR
tdot, whose 12's are you using and what size was your pro. I have the 12x50EL's and wondering if I need a large or XL in the pro.

tdot

WKR
tdot, whose 12's are you using and what size was your pro. I have the 12x50EL's and wondering if I need a large or XL in the pro.

I have the 12x EL. It is a snug fit, very snug. The lid closes, but doesn't close with the correct material overlaps 100% of the time. I sometimes have to reset it. For me the tiny bit more hassle is worth having the smaller size. I'm not a bow hunter and I'm not still hunting in the woods with my 12x.