Bino Harness/Pouch

vj88

FNG
Hello,

Been doing some research and looking for a bino holster system. Im curious what other guys are using.

So far i think i like the Kuiu system but i share binos on my mountain hunts so it could be a pain to keep pulling off the harness to swap the binos.

Also im running a new pair of swaro 10x42's. For guys using their bino system what size do you run?

Thanks

I run the badlands no zip harness system or whatever you want to call it. I have a radio attached to the outside. Not enough room for a rangefinder so that requires another pouch or attachment location. Its comfortable for me but it was very expensive.

SDHNTR

WKR
I've been through most of em. The best I have used are the FHF and the KUIU, but they both have critical design flaws IMO. The FHF is too loud for a bowhunter and the top flap opens the wrong way. The Kuiu is quieter and the lid opens the right way, but the lack of a top strap to the pouch makes it incredibly annoying. I wear the Kuiu because the noise of the FHF is a deal breaker, but every time I put it on I find myself cursing the company as the issue would be so easy to address. If they fixed that issue, the Kuiu would be pretty much perfect.

I've heard the Alaska Guide Creations is a good one too, but I've yet to try it. Looks bulky in pics.

LostArra

WKR
Rick Young harness, no pouch unless weather is ugly then I add the Crooked Horn Bino Shield.

Recent purchase: Alaskan Guide Creations "compact" binocular pack/harness which I'm liking. I've not hunted with it yet but on the 3D course or stump shooting it's worked well with 8x42 Swaros.

JJHACK

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Wa. State and in Elisrass South Africa
We all have various opinions and specific needs. For me this Meets or exceeds all my expectations as a case and harness.

No bouncing when you jump, no dragging when you crawl, no rain dirt or dust, and silent to open. It's clear that a real sportsman designed this from the start.

It's made in America by Alaska Guide Creations

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Compact...853?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3685b19d

bbrown

WKR
SDHNTR covered it pretty well although I stuck with my FHF after trying the Kuiu - I really don't find the FHF to be that noisy. My pack is made out of the same material as the FHF and the pack is much more likely to make noise when bumped or rubbed against any brush. Just gotta be careful when you get in that close.

DIY

WKR
Fhf bino harness. Bozeman mt. I love it. Well worth the money

Have tried both the FHF and KUIU. FHF is nice...but loud for bowhunting and bulky.

The KUIU is nice and quiet and more sleek

Stid2677

WKR
Alaska Guide Creations, the regular size will be good for your sized binos, he has them in various patterns, the True Timber is the most quiet but he has Kyptek as well. I have tried about all of them and keep using his.

P3050626_zpsce605449.jpg

MattB

WKR
Of the designs I have used I prefer the Kuiu (never used the FHF). As stated above, there is no perfect design out there but IMO Kuiu is closest.

OP
V

vj88

FNG
fhf is nice looking and looks like it disconnects from the harness easier than the kuiu. Im constantly swapping binos in the mountains going from spotter to bino so that would be a pain.

bradb

WKR
Still like my horn hunter best, it's not perfect either but I like it better then the others

Slim Jim

WKR
I just picked up the Kuiu harness a couple of weeks ago and shed hunted twice with them. I have tried quite a few different kinds and the Kuiu has got it right IMO

SDHNTR

WKR
The Kuiu gets it almost right, IMO, but not quite. To me this would be so easy to get 100% right. I'm about to start cutting and sewing myself and I don't even know how. Can some one tell me what would not be perfect about the Kuiu if it had top pouch attachment straps and separate straps for the glasses, like FHF? Kuiu, fix it please! You are oh so close to perfect! The one strap around the chest doesn't cut it! A little extra expense with another strap and you nail it!

The Kuiu gets it almost right, IMO, but not quite. To me this would be so easy to get 100% right. I'm about to start cutting and sewing myself and I don't even know how. Can some one tell me what would not be perfect about the Kuiu if it had top pouch attachment straps and separate straps for the glasses, like FHF? Kuiu, fix it please! You are oh so close to perfect! The one strap around the chest doesn't cut it! A little extra expense with another strap and you nail it!

What do you want to see? I think it's pretty darn good.

The chest strap is for when not using the cover.

Where would you attach the permanent upper straps to
The harness, I feel that it would hinder the forward movement of the upper part of the pouch.

SDHNTR

WKR
Simple. Take the FHF top strap design and adapt it to the Kuiu. Basically 2 top straps. One to attach to the pouch and one to go to the binocs. The pouch needs something to hold it up once you take the glasses out. I hate the way once I pull my binocs out of the pouch, there is nothing holding the pouch up. It slides down an inch or two. Then when I want to put my glasses back in I have to set my bow down and push back up on the bottom of the pouch with my left hand (right handed) to get them back in. Or, in order to keep this from happening, you'd have to tighten the lower chest strap so tight that it restricts breathing. Simple solution with top straps that go over your shoulder. Done.

SDHNTR

WKR
Where would you attach the permanent upper straps to
The harness, I feel that it would hinder the forward movement of the upper part of the pouch.

Attach the shoulder strap to the pouch with stiff, short straps that extend about 1.5" up from the back side of the pouch with a 3bar on the end. Then attach them there, not on any part of the lid. Hard to explain, but would be easy to do.