Big idaho bull

A buddy of my sent this to me and said he heard it was from northern Idaho and it could be a state record. At first I thought high fence bull,but not sure of any high fence ranches in idaho.

Attachments

• IMG_20221015_124047.jpg
    IMG_20221015_124047.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 417
I was goingnto guess fenced bull due to the lack of color on his antlers. There's a ranch down in Albion and all of the bulls have white horns because there's no trees to rub them on.

Novahunter

Lil-Rokslider
The Outdoor Life article just popped up in my Facebook feed. High Fence bull, and one of two that the particular hunter shot that week.

The Outdoor Life article just popped up in my Facebook feed. High Fence bull, and one of two that the particular hunter shot that week.
Thats just crazy to me. The money spent was probably ridiculous. And I am sure he will be bragging about his "hunt" to all his friends.

I had a friend who's wife shot an elk in a high fence place in TX. He would brag about how his wife's elk was bigger than other peoples' elk they shot out west.

Gross.

Just picked up an elk euro mount from a taxidermist and there was a giant red stag rack there getting done up. It looked a lot like that monstrosity in the OP. Story was that the stag was sold to a high fence outfit in TX for $15k but was gored to death by another stag before getting shipped. Taxi said the euro mount was already sold for $2k to some guy who had stag statues along his driveway and wanted stag antlers above his fireplace😂

Last edited:
Gross.

Just picked an elk euro mount from a taxidermist and there was a giant red stag rack there getting done up. It looked a lot like that monstrosity in the OP. Story was that the stag was sold to a high fence outfit in TX for $15k but was gored to death by another stag before getting shipped. Taxi said the euro mount was already sold for $2k to some guy who had stag statues along his driveway and wanted stag antlers above his fireplace😂
This guy doesn't live in Idaho does he? I know a house that has a full size stag statue along his driveway.

TheTone

WKR
Idaho is full of high fence elk.

I know a guy that would go to one almost yearly and then drive out of his way to take it through a game check station just to show it off, brag and cause a scene.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess you could look at it as one less "hunter" in the field

Montana still has ~ two dozen game farms, but hunting behind the fence was outlawed (via a initiative in 2000); it also included no new game farms

TheTone

WKR
I guess you could look at it as one less "hunter" in the field

Montana still has ~ two dozen game farms, but hunting behind the fence was outlawed (via a initiative in 2000); it also included no new game farms
I think Idaho had a chance at something like that after the publicized escape in 2006, unfortunately we didn’t get there and the industry has a done a great job of making it a property rights issue which always plays well here.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Idaho had a chance at something like that after the publicized escape in 2006, unfortunately we didn’t get there and the industry has a done a great job of making it a property rights issue which always plays well here.

that's too bad; our legislature made several attempts to rein in game farms, most unsuccessful - a couple of sportsmen groups took upon themselves and drew up an initiative and it passed

Terrapin

WKR
If I’m going hunting on a farm for a domestic animal, I’m shooting a moo cow… I hate those b&$7ards. Plus it would be a cool shoulder mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk