better bino setup

huck

Lil-Rokslider
So Im wondering if anybody has an idea on how to carry my binos while carrying my pack ? II usually carry them across my body with a strap , but it bugs my neck after a couple days . I cant even wear FL suspender s under my pack for a day without it buggin me ,so Im wondering if theres a bino harness or some better ideas that would work ? .

I’ve been using the mystery ranch harness for quite awhile now and like it. I’ve never had an issue with it and a pack. It’s pretty low profile and comfortable. I wish it opened the other way but I’ve gotten used to it and I like everything else about it, plus I already own it so it’ll stay until it’s worn out which is unlikely or something else comes along that really blows my mind. I see a ton of used harnesses on here, might be a good way to try something out without blowing too much cash.

Wapiti151

WKR
Love my marsupial. Have used badlands, mystery ranch, and Sitka. Marsupial, for me, is far and above the rest

Does it have molle? I usually use those straps to tie em up to the sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ty_ms3

FNG
I really like my FHF bino harness. The straps seem to sit on my back and chest better than any other that I’ve tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
I get what you are saying and I still use my old butler creek bino harness for this reason (thin narrow straps). I don't seem to feel it under my pack and it works well for me.

That said, sounds like that wouldn't work for you either. Why not just modify a standard bino neck strap of make one to clip into your packs shoulder straps up near your load lifters? Be very simple. Probably less sub $15 to make something that can simply clip on/off your pack shoulder straps.

Last edited:

HuntHigh

FNG
Alaska Guide Creations bino pack is my favorite. I've tried the Marsupial and didn't like that dust could get in the sides.

Seth

WKR
I’ve tried several harnesses, and the outdoor vision works best for me under my pack.

I’ve tried several harnesses, and the outdoor vision works best for me under my pack.
i like the outdoor vision after trying many... the gen 2 even looks better. that being said, i'm giving my OV to my wife to try a marsupial, it's the last harness i'm interested in trying, and they hook up to a razco holster better than the OV... 2nd gen is tempting though, they streamlined it

AKSandman

FNG
I’ll vote third for Rick young bino harness. You cannot go wrong with buying it. Seriously. Forget all the $100+ Bino chest rigs that are heavy and hot. Buy the RYO harness and you won’t have a reason to look back.