Best zero degree down bags

Im looking for a good zero degree down sleeping bag. The stone glacier chilkoot seems to be my number one choice. Anyone have any other suggestions for a zero degree bag that is sub 3 pounds

f16woody

FNG
Recently upgraded to a Katabatic Quilt and must say had my doubts going into my first trip. After using in base camp and on an overnighter in the backcountry, I’d highly recommend giving them a try!! Based on my experience, my 22F Alsek felt more like a 10F mummy bag.

OP
T
I can’t even believe I’m looking at spending this much on a sleeping bag. But now that I am looking I really like the feathered friends and western mountaineering also. But what makes them worth $200-$350 more than the stone glacier? I really don’t know much beyond temperature rating and weight when comparing these bags. And they all should fit me great I’m only 5’6”

They cost more because they are made in America instead of China.

Chilkoot is a great bag.

Lots of lightly used chilkoots and western mountaineering income up in the classifieds here. I haven't seen many feathered friends or katabatics.

IdahoBeav

WKR
I just bought a 0° Enlightened Equip 3/4 zip w/closed foot box. I haven't had a chance to get it in cold temps yet, will in a few weeks, but I have been impressed with the weight, loft, and comfort.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Western mountaineering and feathered friends are the best. Stone glacier, kuiu and Rab are pretty good but not the best.

chasewild

WKR
I'm a believer in Western Mountaineering, and my apache MF has retained its loft incredibly well. I was, however, VERY impressed with a friends Chilkoot simply because of the hydrophobic down they use.