Best way to handle sales

gabenzeke

WKR
I have some things I'd like to sell. The problem is, I got rid of paypal and don't want to deal with it. I have seen other threads where people suggest Venmo and some other things, but those are all Paypal companies. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
Money order or personal check. I've used and excepted both. They all come with risks though.
Do you expect payment before shipping? I don't want to ship and then be out the money and items.

Do you expect payment before shipping? I don't want to ship and then be out the money and items.

I’ve done a few deals on here where the buyer pays with a money order. I wait until the check arrives and then ship same day or day after.

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
if you do not take paypal you cut potential buyers by 50%. If you do not take the other methods that paypal owns you cut your odds of a sale further..that is just the way it is.
I understand. But a guy has to have principles. And seeing as how PayPal has now reinstated their misinformation fine or whatever they're calling it, I refuse to use them ever again.

I understand. But a guy has to have principles. And seeing as how PayPal has now reinstated their misinformation fine or whatever they're calling it, I refuse to use them ever again.

PayPal has backpeddled on that whole deal. I could give a shit less, I just use it as medium to transfer cash in and out of my bank account

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
PayPal has backpeddled on that whole deal. I could give a shit less, I just use it as medium to transfer cash in and out of my bank account
They did backpedal. As of today it is back in the terms of service. Was unannounced.

*zap*

WKR

Do as you see fit but if you pay taxes to the state and federal government is that because you agree with all their policies? I do not agree with paypal but I am not going to punish myself for that...I just do not give them the opportunity to take any large amount from me for anything. I heard big banks are now reporting ammo/gun sales if you use their cards....you cut your cards up?

Anyway, I do not want to argue but I do not agree with not using paypal. Using paypal helps get me good deals on things I want and helps me sell stuff I do not want. That adds up for me since I am not wealthy. have a good one bud.

Do as you see fit but if you pay taxes to the state and federal government is that because you agree with all their policies? I do not agree with paypal but I am not going to punish myself for that...I just do not give them the opportunity to take any large amount from me for anything. I heard big banks are now reporting ammo/gun sales if you use their cards....you cut your cards up?

Anyway, I do not want to argue but I do not agree with not using paypal. Using paypal helps get me good deals on things I want and helps me sell stuff I do not want. That adds up for me since I am not wealthy. have a good one bud.
This essentially sums up where I’m at. If it were up to me I wouldn’t be getting 1/3rd of my income or better taken out for state and government taxes that I don’t agree with. If you just use PayPal as a way to transfer money from bank account to bank account and it’s all Friends and Family, you’re not giving up anything to them.

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR

It's a fair point. And I do believe the vast majority of taxes are theft. But I can't avoid that without prison, so I guess I'll draw the line there. PayPal will take 2500 out of your account for misinformation or violating terms of service. My understanding is that could be as simple as buying or selling a scope or some brass for instance. I'm just trying to avoid giving my money to someone with those political views and the ability to screw people over like that. As far as the banks and classifying purchases, that's a harder one. It's difficult to see how that will be used against people. Banks won't be able to tell if you spent two grand on guns and ammo or camping and cooking gear at bass pro. So while they can create categories of retailers, it's difficult to see right now how that will be used to flag certain purchases. I'm sure at some point they'll find a way, but for now it seems like it'll be tough to implement. My lgs gives a discount for cash purchases anyway, so I go that route most times. At any rate....looks like I'll have to cut potential buyers down and go the money order route. If anybody has the capital, I've got a heck of a business idea for a financial services company. Lol.

It's a fair point. And I do believe the vast majority of taxes are theft. But I can't avoid that without prison, so I guess I'll draw the line there. PayPal will take 2500 out of your account for misinformation or violating terms of service. My understanding is that could be as simple as buying or selling a scope or some brass for instance. I'm just trying to avoid giving my money to someone with those political views and the ability to screw people over like that. As far as the banks and classifying purchases, that's a harder one. It's difficult to see how that will be used against people. Banks won't be able to tell if you spent two grand on guns and ammo or camping and cooking gear at bass pro. So while they can create categories of retailers, it's difficult to see right now how that will be used to flag certain purchases. I'm sure at some point they'll find a way, but for now it seems like it'll be tough to implement. My lgs gives a discount for cash purchases anyway, so I go that route most times. At any rate....looks like I'll have to cut potential buyers down and go the money order route. If anybody has the capital, I've got a heck of a business idea for a financial services company. Lol.

You might be on to something with a financial services company that doesn’t play to the liberal masses

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
Has anyone actually been fined the $2500?
Last time it was supposedly a mistake. They just added it again today. No word on if it was another mistake, but I'm guessing they haven't fined anyone yet. I'm sure there will be lawsuits if they ever do.