Best waterproofing spray?

*zap*

WKR
I need to re-waterproof my tent bathtub floors, what is the best product to purchase? I saw some silicone waterproof spray at wally?

Thanks.

Do the tent manufacturers have any recommendations ?

I use Nikwax spray but that’s more for soft shells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Do the tent manufacturers have any recommendations ?

I use Nikwax spray but that’s more for soft shells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good idea unless they recommend their own products. I have 5 tents to do two applications of waterproofer so I wanted to watch the expense. Nikwax is a good product.

I have used the flex seal spray to waterproof leaks and do waterproof repairs on the bottoms of tent washtub bottoms. I have also used the flex seal to help black out the inside of multiple a pop up blinds and help waterproof the blinds as well

I used Gear Aid seam grip on the tub of my tent. Gear Aid Seam Grip TF Tent
If your tent had a previous PU coating, I would apply to the untreated side.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Atsko, the people who make Sno-Seal, have a Silicone based waterproofing spray. I’ve had very good success with it. I read several articles online and watched a few videos comparing Nikwax, Kiwi Camp Dry, Atsko, and some others and it definitely seemed to outperform the others. I use the Nikwax detergent when washing my gear, then follow-up with a good treatment of the Atsko Silicone Water Guard. Works wonderfully.

Here’s one review:

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
In the end I used Olympic concrete, brick, wood and other surface waterproofer and it did a good job. I also did some fly's and old jackets that had been wetting out..all my tent floors needed a double coat outside and a coat inside....except my eureka tcop which is fairly new. On gallon 2 now as I continue to tune up my gear.