Best waterfowl forums/classifieds?

Toadman

FNG
Hey all,

Does anyone use a forum similar to Rokslide but with an emphasis on waterfowl?

I'm looking to buy some used waterfowl gear (decoys, blinds, boats, etc). But also maybe connect with some local hunters.

I'm in Western Washington and Western Oregon most of the year/season.

dtrkyman

WKR
duck hunting chat is ok but not too much activity.

facebook is likely the best place but I do not go on that gar hole personally.

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
ifish.net
craigslist for just classifieds

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
most forums have had about 90% reductions in traffic, everybody's pretty much moved to various facebook groups.
Facebook marketplace for gear, or various waterfowl gear trader pages on facebook.
Refuge Forums still has decent traffic but Vertical Scope bought up most of the others and killed them off with terrible management and ad bombardment.

OP
T

Toadman

FNG
most forums have had about 90% reductions in traffic, everybody's pretty much moved to various facebook groups.
Facebook marketplace for gear, or various waterfowl gear trader pages on facebook.
Refuge Forums still has decent traffic but Vertical Scope bought up most of the others and killed them off with terrible management and ad bombardment.
Dang. Yeah I went to go check out duckhuntingchat but there was barely any activity.

I use Facebook, but there are dozens of groups per area and half of them get filled with bots/spammers.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crappy moderators . They didn’t have @fngTony who understands memes are life.
Lol, you know how I found and ended up on Rokslide? I was banned from a Facebook big game hunting group for posting a political meme.

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
Over the years I've been on a number of duck hunting specific forums. Lots of extremely hostile people on them, with next to no moderation. They are like no other hunting forum out there. I never did find anyone I wanted to cross paths with in real life, some I questioned how they weren't felons. Duckhuntingchat and Refuge forums are the worst I can remember. If there is a Washington/Oregon hunting forum, that would be a better way to go. It appears there is a forum called huntingwashington.com

Hey all,

Does anyone use a forum similar to Rokslide but with an emphasis on waterfowl?

I'm looking to buy some used waterfowl gear (decoys, blinds, boats, etc). But also maybe connect with some local hunters.

I'm in Western Washington and Western Oregon most of the year/season.
Are you on Facebook? Look up Washington Avian Adventures, PNW Waterfowl Addicts.

Buzby

WKR
I too have found duck hunting forums and FB groups to be very hostile. Lots of know-it-all hicks.
There are few hunting forums with as high of a signal to noise ratio as RS.