Best Value for Scope <$300?

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
bhphotovideo has the z plus fixed parallax variant of the Optika5 2-10x42 for sale at $199. Fantastic deal. I just bought the adjustable parallax z-plex reticle myself and I really like it.
I have the optika6 and I love it.

Motown

WKR
bhphotovideo has the z plus fixed parallax variant of the Optika5 2-10x42 for sale at $199. Fantastic deal. I just bought the adjustable parallax z-plex reticle myself and I really like it.
Pretty sure thats the rimfire model for $199

Pretty sure thats the rimfire model for $199
On the optika5 series, rimfire model just means adjustable parallax. This particular unit has a fixed parallax set to 100yds. So it being listed as rimfire I believe is incorrect. Cameralandny has the same part number listed and specifies that it is suitable for centerline and rimfire.

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
On the optika5 series, rimfire model just means adjustable parallax. This particular unit has a fixed parallax set to 100yds. So it being listed as rimfire I believe is incorrect. Cameralandny has the same part number listed and specifies that it is suitable for centerline and rimfire.
I was under the impression that they had 4 models of the optika5 in that size. Fixed and adjustable parallax for 22. Fixed and adjustable parallax for center fire.

I was under the impression that they had 4 models of the optika5 in that size. Fixed and adjustable parallax for 22. Fixed and adjustable parallax for center fire.
Meopta's website states that there are 2 configurations for the 2-10x42 model; a fixed 100yd parallax model and an adjustable parallax model. Here is a quote from CameralandNY and another directly from Meopta:

CameralandNY
High powered rifle 2-10x42s are set parallax free at 100 yards, while the rimfire version has adjustable parallax from 10yds to infinity for close range shooting

Meopta
The 1” tube Optika5 2-10x42 is available in 2 configurations, with or without side mounted adjustable parallax (PA).

Now I could be wrong but everything I can find points to both versions perfectly suitable for centerfire. I bought the parallax adjustable model and have been using it just fine on a 308. Actually about to go hunt with it in about an hour.

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
Meopta sport optics has 4 2-10x42 optika 5 scopes listed on their site.

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sure either will work. I wonder if there are any real differences between them if there is a separate rimfire model.

i am looking to upgrade from Nikon prostaff with the BDC. those large circles don't relate ... they are really big. i would prefer dots or hash marks... my brother swears by the vortex diamondback scope he has. I will look into the burris fulfield 2. always heard good things about them for the price.

KenLee

WKR
i am looking to upgrade from Nikon prostaff with the BDC. those large circles don't relate ... they are really big. i would prefer dots or hash marks... my brother swears by the vortex diamondback scope he has. I will look into the burris fulfield 2. always heard good things about them for the price.
Ignore the bubbles and figure holdover yourself if those are your replacement choices.
Prostaff is as good as the FFII and better than a diamondback.
FFII the entire eyepiece turns when you change magnification. More annoying to me than the bubbles.
Save your $ to get a higher priced upgrade later.

TxJW

FNG
On another site, I found an answered question from Erik from Meopta and he stated that they dropped the Rimfire designation from the Optica 5 line as it was causing confusion. All of the scopes are rated for centerfire recoil and the parallax is either set for 100yds or adjustable. With the adj being useful for rimfire and non-adj most useful for centerfire. The B&H deal is exceptional.

KenLee

WKR
On another site, I found an answered question from Erik from Meopta and he stated that they dropped the Rimfire designation from the Optica 5 line as it was causing confusion. All of the scopes are rated for centerfire recoil and the parallax is either set for 100yds or adjustable. With the adj being useful for rimfire and non-adj most useful for centerfire. The B&H deal is exceptional.
Can you see that Z-plus reticle in low light?

Can you see that Z-plus reticle in low light?
I handled a z plus reticle optic lines are on the thinner side but still visible. The center dot is large enough to be visible. I think the z plus will still be visible if you hunt more open areas. I also tried the z-plex with adjustable parallax and I decided to go with that because I typically hunt in areas with very thick brush. Took a shot at 50 yards today 10 minutes after sunset and could see fine.

KenLee

WKR
I handled a z plus reticle optic lines are on the thinner side but still visible. The center dot is large enough to be visible. I think the z plus will still be visible if you hunt more open areas. I also tried the z-plex with adjustable parallax and I decided to go with that because I typically hunt in areas with very thick brush. Took a shot at 50 yards today 10 minutes after sunset and could see fine.
I ask because I've shot two this season 50 and 55 minutes after sunset. Legal an hour after here.

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
Get a meopta and don’t look back.

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
Better than sport optics? That’s my go to for meopta anything.

Whoa... slow down on the Burris.
I picked one up last month - not so good here. Needs return already.

It was only sighted in, maybe 8 shots. There's some sort of defect with seal.
When looking trough it, a quarter of it is completely distorted.
It looks like an air bubble leaking into a clear gel.
Here's a photo of that scope. Burris Fullfield IV.
After a brief sight-in with my Muzzleloader.
burris.jpg

MCT453

FNG
Have a few meopta's with a 2-10 with the parallax adjustment on the way.
I'm new here and am not a professional anything but I think the optika line is awesome.
I have swfa 6x , 10x 12x 3-15 , 3-9 , 1-4 , ultralight , Leupold , sightron , athlon , bushnell elite , weaver , primary arms vortex and the meopta seems to be really good in comparison to my very untrained eye. They are really robust and I wish they were lighter like some other scopes I own.
Last 4 scopes I have purchased were 2 meopta meosport r and the 2-10 PA and 2 athlon helos scopes on sale.
I think shopping you could find an offering from meopta really close to the $300 mark.

Have a few meopta's with a 2-10 with the parallax adjustment on the way.
I'm new here and am not a professional anything but I think the optika line is awesome.
I have swfa 6x , 10x 12x 3-15 , 3-9 , 1-4 , ultralight , Leupold , sightron , athlon , bushnell elite , weaver , primary arms vortex and the meopta seems to be really good in comparison to my very untrained eye. They are really robust and I wish they were lighter like some other scopes I own.
Last 4 scopes I have purchased were 2 meopta meosport r and the 2-10 PA and 2 athlon helos scopes on sale.
I think shopping you could find an offering from meopta really close to the $300 mark.
Agreed. I'm really digging my meopta. The only real downside for me is that its somewhat on the heavier side. Considering that my previous scope was over 30 oz alone, the switch to the meopta was still a huge improvement. Especially since I paired it with talley lightweight mounts.