Best truck tool box for the money

Bcleck90

WKR
Looking at standard/ crossover tool boxes. Any brands to stay away from/ look for? I’m looking for something to secure basic tools, chain saw during the winter, etc. I don’t necessarily need it to be bomb proof but would prefer it not to grow legs easily.

What are you buying if you need one?

I have bought over 10 of the decked crossover boxes for our fleet trucks. Happy so far. The company is top notch in my experience. Had a box show up with a manufacturer defect (hole) about the size of a 50 cent piece. I contacted them about it and the had another box sent to me very quickly. They are built surprisingly tough for a plastic box. They are reinforced with metal.

Fatcamp

WKR
Ours came from Northern Tool.

It locks, holds tools, and is bolted down. Meets my requirements.

My dad still has a standard aluminum weather guard cross box that I'd bought new 20 years ago.
At some point you seem to have to be able to work on the adjustment for the lock strikers on the last few I've bought, everything still works ,but over time they need some tweaking.

McCrapper

Lil-Rokslider
Cam Locker. They were the best bang for the buck a few years back but have since gotten more expensive, like everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westernduck

Lil-Rokslider
I hated the one I bought from tractor supply. It was flimsy and cheap.

I’ve had good luck with Adrian steel and weatherguard for aluminum boxes.

I’ve since upgraded to a mcwelco steel box and it’s definitely my favorite.

BigNate

WKR
I have not tried them all, but the Weather Gaurd doesn't leak, and can be opened from the ground. Jobox is stout no issues but we did get water in ours sometimes. The other's that I tried I gave away. Currently using another weather gaurd.

Protech if I had to only have one. My weather guard has been great since 2005 though, don’t know if the new ones are built quite as good as the old though.

If you have a lot of tools get a montezuma and a job box/knaack

Job box bolted down is the bomb proof and secure option if there’s nice tools and a saw in there.

*zap*

WKR
If you need waterproof storage that is easily removable the Rubbermaid action packer boxes are pretty sweet.....multiple sizes and best deals are on ebay.

Bought a barely used Weatherguard box earlier this year on Facebook marketplace for $450. The quality is clear to see compared to other boxes, I'm sure it'll outlast my truck.

Pecosray

FNG
I have been running with an RKI for the past 3 ford trucks so far, this thing is huge its 32in. wide and deep, Lets me store my Bows, rifles backpacks sleeping bags, all inside my tool box so nothing is exposed. Don't get it twisted, if i stop at a hotel, everything comes inside with me. I'm that guy.. I'm not losing my stuff because of lazyness. Its waterproof dust proof... Fit my lifestyle perfectly.

We have had Protech..Nice boxes but they always had water in them..

Highway products is nice stuff.

I think for a quality buy it anywhere box. Weatherguard is where its at. Steel or Aluminum take your pic.

Make sure the box is deep enough for your saw. Some of them get pretty shallow.

Also the gull wing boxes just suck.

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
Montezuma Boxes 36 steal lockable for 3 years now, and think its about $200 now but i have to admit its been worth the money.