Best Truck Air Compressor

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
Didn’t see much on this in the search…
My “trusty” Slime air compressor has bit the dust. It worked okay, but was very slow.

Does anyone have a favorite small air compressor they keep in their truck?

I don’t use one that often (knock on wood) but would like it to have some power to air up tires if need be and be compact to fit under my back seat. Would also need to be able to hook up to my battery or cigarette lighter. Is there anything like that out there?

TIA

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
The Viar 400p is pretty money if I remember right my 33" tires go from 35psi to 60ish in about 5 mins. I had the smaller viar and it took forever to do 1 tire

The Viar 400p is pretty money if I remember right my 33" tires go from 35psi to 60ish in about 5 mins. I had the smaller viar and it took forever to do 1 tire
This is the way. I have Same one and run 35’s no issues. I’ve ran it hard on tractor tires as well. I have an F250 so to save kidneys I deflate tires a lot and refill

Prior to Viair I burned up
A smitty built and three Northern power and tool models..

Spend money get viair 400p. Also battery clamps mean no burnt truck fuses or wires

tdhanses

WKR
I have a Dewalt 20 volt. Can run on 20 volt battery or cig lighter or 12 volt . Best one I have found yet.
Dial in the pressure you want and you don't have to babysit it.
100% this, works very well and is portable, popped the beads on my 30” utv tires and easily airs up 33” tires. Really like setting the presser i want and it automatically shutting off at it.

I was going to get Viair but went this route with zero regret.

Ive had the All-Top 4x4 compressor i bought on amazon mounted under the hood on my 4Runner for 2 years no issues and its fast read the reviews

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got the dewalt one as well and it’s awesome. I have a ton of dewalt 20v tools so it was a no brainer, but most the time we just plug it into the 12 volt when available. Nice to have the portability and all the other attachments that come with it. Super slick pumping up bike tires and basketballs ect as well. We often use it to pump up and deflate air mattress as well. Like it enough was thinking about getting a second so each vehicle always has one in it.

Maverick1

WKR
Got a couple of flats over the years, didn't have a compressor and had to throw on the spare. Purchased a Viar and a plug kit after some internet searching a couple of years ago, and haven't gotten a single flat since.....go figure!

Mds2004

FNG
I have the ARB twin hardwired in my truck and it is awesome. I've have a few cheaper Amazon ones that I kept on the RZR and a few of them died with minimal use. I'd stick the portable Viair in theast post. ARB makes a portable as well but it is probably too bulky in the case it comes with.

BluMtn

WKR
MoRRFLate - Ten Six
Napa Maxi-Trac
Moab Dual Air
Desert Armor Beast

Check out the reviews on this units.

49ereric

WKR
Not sure what you define as best but I'll second the Superflow compressor where price meets performance. Was recommended to me by an offroad guy. I think mine is the MV-50 model.
Best bang for the buck for me with big tires. Snow gets deep I have to air down or stay stuck.