Best Tikka prefit steel barrel

Yes, osprey 3b I just received on Saturday. I'm a little ticked, really didn't want to use an adapter on this gun.

It'd be a lot easier to decide if you had any idea what the muzzle diameter would be. This thing better shoot ragged holes.

Lawnboi

WKR
It'd be a lot easier to decide if you had any idea what the muzzle diameter would be. This thing better shoot ragged holes.

The way they contour is just different from industry standard. I was told when I enquired, when I ordered the 22cm barrel that sometimes on goofy stuff like short barrels they adjust to blend it better. Who knows.

The two I have also hammer. My 6 creed barrel is almost 1k rounds in and still shooting excellent.

Just talked to PVA, they say that each barrel is uniquely tapered in-house, and that regardless of length, every barrel of the same contour ends up with the same diameter at the muzzle. I'm going to have this one rethreaded 1/2x28 and use a basic bushing to get back up to 5/8x24 with an adequate shoulder for my CGS can.

If you're going to order a PVA prefit, definitely give them a call and talk about what the final muzzle diameter is going to be if it's important to you in any way, they're very personable on the phone.

Reactions: NSI
Just talked to PVA, they say that each barrel is uniquely tapered in-house, and that regardless of length, every barrel of the same contour ends up with the same diameter at the muzzle. I'm going to have this one rethreaded 1/2x28 and use a basic bushing to get back up to 5/8x24 with an adequate shoulder for my CGS can.

If you're going to order a PVA prefit, definitely give them a call and talk about what the final muzzle diameter is going to be if it's important to you in any way, they're very personable on the phone.

You don't have to. Just because TBAC recommends .1" of engagement, it doesn't mean you have to have that. I DT a suppressor on a barrel that is .695" at the muzzle and it does just fine. Just make sure to snug it up good.

my can is a cgs. I tested it last night, definitely not enough engagement for me to feel comfortable.

amassi

WKR
Preffered barrel blanks has a lite shouldered contour
It’s a t3x lite but they’ll contour a shoulder for a suppressor during contouring or the .750 taperless has plenty of shoulder for close to the same weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite

WKR
Did quite a bit of digging on this topic a few weeks ago when on the market for a 6cm tikka prefit.

Ending up feeling pretty confident ordering from PBB. Groups will confirm my choice in June hopefully.
Any feedback on the barrel? Looing for a lightweight prefit for a tikka now

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I've been really impressed with my pbb 22-250 prefit. I will definitely order another prefit from them.

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
just popped a factory tikka off and swapped it for a PBB 6.5 Creedmoor. Making a PRS build. Tikka factory popped off easily, took me 10 seconds with a viper, wheeler #1 and a 3 pound hammer. whack spin, no marks on the barrel. I ordered some lapua brass with small primer. Will have some data soon to share.