Best scope under $1000

I read a few of these threads but they are all a bit older. I am looking for a nice scope to put on my 7PRC. This is primarily a hunting rifle (elk and deer) in Montana. Realistic shots are up to 600yd. I’ve always been of the thought that more magnification is better, but as I’ve gotten more in to quality optics, I realize that isn’t necessarily true. I have a Leupold vx5hd 3-15 and a quigley ford (I know I know but I won it). I also have b-series maven Binos but other than these, I’m pretty inexperienced in upper end optics. I would like to put a nice scope on this gun and feel comfortable spending up to $1000. I’ve read reviews until my eyes cross. What’s the best scope under $1000 right now?

johnsd16

WKR
I’ve been super happy with my Zeiss V4 4-16s and V6 3-18 which can both be had under or around $1k especially used or demo. Glass clarity, dialing and durability have all been good.

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
I would just pay the extra $200 and get the maven RS1.2 ffp 2.5-15. Read the reviews on here it’s worth the money for a reliable scope with a good reticle. If you want a spf I understand the trijicon credo is a fair scope under 1000.

Matt5266

WKR
I would just pay the extra $200 and get the maven RS1.2 ffp 2.5-15. Read the reviews on here it’s worth the money for a reliable scope with a good reticle. If you want a spf I understand the trijicon credo is a fair scope under 1000.
Got to find one first..... I'm getting tired of waiting I got a gun to finish. So I'll probably buy something else

WesM

FNG
New here, but, like you are doing a ton of research on scopes in this and slightly lower price points. in the $1k price range. From my notes these ones seem to keep coming up as top performers.

Nightforce SHV is in your budget in various magnification ranges and options.

Trijicon Credo, accupoint and tenmile. again in various magnification ranges and options.

Form ran tests on the Meopta Optika6, and it seemed to do very well (had a failure at 3k rounds and a lot of abuse), also available in various magnification ranges. Heavy though for a hunting scope at around 30oz.

SWFA comes up, but I'm hesitant to go that route due to supply issues. Causes me some concern for if the scope needs repair/warranty and I end up waiting 6 months to get a replacement.

At this point if I were you, I would focus my research on the Nightforce and Trijicon scopes. From what I have read, you cannot really go wrong with either.

If weight is a consideration, nightforce 2.5-10 or credo 2.5-15. Tenmiles are awesome.

Everybody raves about the Maven, but it weighs the same as a nightforce NX8 and almost as much as the nxs and shv.

RWT

WKR
MOA Rs1.2 are available.

S&B Klassic 2x10x56

NF SHV.

Last edited:

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Zeiss, Element & Steiner offer excellent options. It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

The Guide

WKR

Long Cut

WKR
I’m biased towards SWFA’s. I grabbed a 3-9 and recently a 5-20 on the Classifieds here from some awesome people.

Truth be told, it’s the (reliability) & simple yet effective reticle that keeps me coming back to SWFA’s. I almost left for Nightforce, but the reticle options are too “busy” in my opinion, for hunting.

I grabbed both these scopes for under $1k. Patience & Persistence are key, though.
IMG_1601.jpegIMG_7988.jpeg