Best scope for hunting 300 to 500 yards with target shooting out to 1k later

Unckebob

WKR
I have been reading through old threads and trying to find the answer but has led to more confusion. I am sure some great deals are going on right now and I would like to capitalize on them if possible

I have a Tikka T3X 30-06 and would like to get proficient this spring shooting up to 600 yards. I shoot Hornady ELD-X 178gr bullets

Currently I have a Vortex diamondback 4x16 scope but am looking to upgrade.

Budget up to 1500 but prefer to stay under 1k.

I am buying this scope for hunting purposes 300 to 500 yard shots max but would like to tinker around at longer distances down the road so would rather buy once, cry once if possible

Looking for something that holds zero obviously and tracks along with good in low light hunting situations

Opened minded but looking at a SWFA 3-15 on sale right now or a Zeiss V4. Open to nightforce but then my budget seems to need to be about 2500 bucks with those scopes or the ones I saw mentioned in other threads.

Thank you for your time and I am going to keep searching threads in the mean time.

Any good holiday deals on a scope that would improve my current set up?

I would reconsider getting 1 scope for both uses. The Jack of Trades scope is often the Master of None.
- To be suitable for long range, a scope is often too heavy fir hunting.
- FFP scopes - While the holdovers stay constant as you zoom in/out, the reticle gets fainter at lower magnification ranges which often makes it hard to see against a busy background. I have a couple, but never use them for hunting. I use my second focal plain scopes for hunting.

All the things that make a great hunting scope often make the scope marginal at best for long range use.

CCooper

WKR
NF NXS is on sale through the holidays and very close to your price point. Form’s drop test thread is with a good read if tracking is on the top of your lists of wants.

Neumie

FNG
Anything to share on quality differences between Credo and TenMile? I’d like a 44mm objective and the Credo 44mm is actually more than the larger TenMile. I’ve read/seen these use the same glass.

OP
B
Sorry fellas, I bought the tenmile but haven't had time to put on my rifle and shoot. Probably will set it up in March. Work is keeping me busy

Jakl

FNG
I pulled the trigger. Thanks again, I know nothing of Trijicon except for seeing it on this site. Does it have a good warranty? What rings would go well with this scope and my Tikka T3X 30/06
Did you end up buying from that site? I’ve heard mixed reviews from them and had one no-show of my own.

OP
B
Did you end up buying from that site? I’ve heard mixed reviews from them and had one no-show of my own.
Yes, I bought from the website suggested. No issues.

I haven't mounted the scope yet but will so so in March or April when I get some time off

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

JGood

Lil-Rokslider
if you’re gonna take the gun for a hike, Trijicon or NX8

If you’re not weight conscious the ATACR and Kahled are pretty hard to pass up on. (Although still waiting on a Form Kahled test)