Best scope for hunting 300 to 500 yards with target shooting out to 1k later

I have been reading through old threads and trying to find the answer but has led to more confusion. I am sure some great deals are going on right now and I would like to capitalize on them if possible

I have a Tikka T3X 30-06 and would like to get proficient this spring shooting up to 600 yards. I shoot Hornady ELD-X 178gr bullets

Currently I have a Vortex diamondback 4x16 scope but am looking to upgrade.

Budget up to 1500 but prefer to stay under 1k.

I am buying this scope for hunting purposes 300 to 500 yard shots max but would like to tinker around at longer distances down the road so would rather buy once, cry once if possible

Looking for something that holds zero obviously and tracks along with good in low light hunting situations

Opened minded but looking at a SWFA 3-15 on sale right now or a Zeiss V4. Open to nightforce but then my budget seems to need to be about 2500 bucks with those scopes or the ones I saw mentioned in other threads.

Thank you for your time and I am going to keep searching threads in the mean time.

Any good holiday deals on a scope that would improve my current set up?

BjornF16

WKR
SWFA 3-9x42HD, 3-15x42, 5-20x50HD

NF SHV 4-14x50 FFP

Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44 FFP

Macintosh

WKR
I own a viper pst g2 and shoot with numerous folks who also use them. Based on how frequently we all need to re-zero I would look to bjorns suggestions above.

OP
B
I will look at bjorns suggestions- I didn't see some of them in MOA though, only MIL

I found a Vortex Razor HD 3x18 FFP Gen II on sale for 1600 bucks. Is that a good scope or still fall in the issues the other Vortex fellas have had?

OP
B

NF SHV 4-14x50 FFP

Thank you for recommendations- I almost bought the Vortex Razor for 1600 on sale but I saw your link and the sale, plus it seems the Trijicon Tenmile consensus is it is the better scope

Mack84

FNG
Burris Veracity? Mine are great and could do the job to 600. However, the zero stop of the elevation turret only allows one full revolution of 25 minutes. Might need more than that at 1K yds. But the Veracity is a great scope for my goals.

mt100gr.

WKR
Look hard at the various Nightforce SHV models. The 3-15 SWFA is great too. Personally, I'd stay away from zeiss and vortex if plan on dialing much at all.

I think the NF SHV 4-14 F1 would serve you very well and is well within you’re price range. I love mine. Read lots of good things about the tenmile 3-18 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

NF SHV 4-14x50 FFP

I pulled the trigger. Thanks again, I know nothing of Trijicon except for seeing it on this site. Does it have a good warranty? What rings would go well with this scope and my Tikka T3X 30/06

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
With $1500 to spend and black Friday coming around, you have the potential to get a couple of really good scopes.

I was in the same situation 3 months ago and ended up getting a NF SHV. After getting it and looking at it, it lacked a few features I wanted. I ended up getting an NXS. It's the second one I own. They have performed flawlessly. We ride stock and they beat up the guns pretty good when going up and down the mountains.

Price paid will long be forgotten after satisfaction of purchase. Bottom line, choose what you want, find a way to make it happen. Go without before you get almost what you want.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thank you for recommendations- I almost bought the Vortex Razor for 1600 on sale but I saw your link and the sale, plus it seems the Trijicon Tenmile consensus is it is the better scope
You can get the tenmile hx from euro optic right now for like 800 dollars. Sort of a no brainer.

young7.3

WKR
Let me know how you like the scope. Thinking about getting the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plowboy85

Lil-Rokslider
Ziess V4 is a solid scope for the money and fits that intended use well. I have two on my lighter carry guns. I have a buddy that recently got a Trijicon and seems to be a good scope. Keep us posted