Best reticles

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Nightforce MOAR, SWFA milquad
I had MOAR in SFP before I went to Shoot2Hunt and really liked it. After class I switched it to FFP Mil-C and don't like it as much. I like to shoot at 4x or 6x and I have to be up around 10X to use the reticle as it was intended. The .2 mil marks make it look like a fuzzball on illumination and low power. Maybe switching to Mil-R would be satisfactory on FFP.

I picked up a SWFA 3-15 for S2H class and really like the milquad.

I am training with SHR-MIL right now for a moose hunt. I picked up the scope merely for curiousity. I really like that I can use the reticle at 6x. I don't understand why they put the low hash marks on it. On my rifle the vertical line at the 7.5 mil hash mark would cover around 16" at 910 yards and the 10mil hash mark would cover around 18" of the target at 1090 yards.

ATL

FNG
I prefer MIL, and Nightforce. My two primary scopes are a FFP MIL-R and a SFP MIL-R. Not the most popular reticle option I gather, but nice for me to standardize on one reticle. I have learned to use them well.

Reactions: NSI

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
We had sunset here at 7:32PM and I just shot 3 rounds around 815...1 at 200 yards and 2 at 100 yards and that illuminated reticle on Rs1.2 is bleeding even at Level 1 to the point of distraction.

Big nod to Nightforce on this aspect.

Rippey715

FNG
The deployment operations nominal gunsight: reticle or DONG-R is pretty good. It’s got the infinite tip aiming where you focus your POA just resting on the tip. And for spotting you use the lower section which your eyes will relax into and enjoy as the two circles seem like binos.
IMG_3621.jpeg

But for real, next reticle I want to try will be a simple stadia with no Christmas tree and only like two mils above center on elevation. Like the MPCT1x on ZCO.

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
Gen 2 mildot or milquad for hunting/nrl hunter.

For prs, you can benefit from a tree, but usually get along without it. I've shot so many rounds in prs that I mostly use the same scope to hunt. I will say, for strictly hunting I much prefer the gen 2 mil dot.