Best hunting trade shows to attend?

I'm wanting to make one of the larger hunting shows this year and trying to figure out the best to attend. So tell me which ones you guys like and why?

Dallas SC, Sheep show, I have heard a little about the show in Salt Lake??

Thanks!

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Depends on what you want to do, but the word is that SCI is the best show, overall. If you are looking for specific types of hunts, might want to focus on a dedicated show. I've been to the Sheep show and Salt Lake and like both. I will go to Grand Slam, SCI and Dallas SCI sometime just to see the difference.

OP
actionshooter
This might be a dumb question. Is the Sheep show for sheep only or is there other hunting activities.

I'm not looking for anything specific, just don't ant to end up at a show that's centered around corn field whitetails and Florida gators.

Buster

WKR
Have never been to a big show before and wanted to see what the fuss was about, so I started researching. The sheep show was #1 on my list because I like sheep, but travel and timing wouldn't work. Number 2 choice is SCI, because it is such a big event, and there are many direct flight options to Vegas. My wife and I will be attending the friday and saturday. It sounds like it's so big that we will have trouble seeing it all in 2 days.

Sci is the best but it is more hunts of the world than North America. Never been to the sheep show but assume its for richer clientele. Never been to disc but people like it I've talked to. Never been to ata and shot but if you like gear they say its a blast . I'm sure the ise shows are good as I've been to them in conjunction with rmef etc and I think the Sacramento ise is the 2nd largest show east of the Mississippi. Went to rmef and liked it as there's a bunch of North American stuff but it's not very big. Same with mule deer in salt lake which is one of my favorites. This year I'm going to sci and may go to salt lake

OP
actionshooter
Thanks for input guys,
Vegas is easier for sure. I am a little concerned there won't be much for North American hunting.

I think i would want to go to the sheep show.. I dont hace enough money to shoot any of them tho LOL

Buster

WKR
The SCI web page shows a link that shows all of the vendors at the convention. I haven't checked it out yet, but plan to shortly. I'm also hoping it isn't too international.

TRIPLE

Lil-Rokslider
The SCI show is pretty "international". It is pretty amazing though......you need 2 or 3 days to see it all. It think the best I've been to was the western hunting expo in salt lake. It fit up my alley (I'm still to poor to buy anything, but it was great).

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't like the partnership of Utah and sfw but because you have to be there to be entered for the tag drawing the odds on the oil tags for non residents is not terrible compared to regular oil odds.