Best footwear

bayou0509

FNG
Classified Approved
Kenetrek mountain extreme worked well for me. Insulated vs un-insulated is strictly preference IMO. Good merino wool socks are a game changer also.

SonnyDay

WKR
Another vote for Crispi. I have the Thor II GTXs as well, and wear them (with gaiters as needed) in everything from hot and dry to pouring rain to three feet of snow. They are uninsulated but my feet tend to run warm.

But the key is finding a brand that fits your feet, and then dialing in on specific models and features…

IMO danner boots are junk, and that comes after years of wearing them in uniform and in some rough mountainous terrain both hunting and as a Marine. You can find some of the best mountain boots on sale for not much more that you would pay for Danner and get a lot better ankle and foot platform support. The key to keeping feet dry in snow, IMO, is gaiters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nhenry

Lil-Rokslider
I've worn uninsulated Danner vitals for the last few years and haven't had any sort of problem with moisture, but I also don't traipse around in very deep snow often. I do step in streams though.

Last edited:

JK47

FNG
Kenetrek Mountain Guides. I basically live in mine. Work and play. They fit my feet like a glove right out of the box. I keep a pair of gaiters at all times.

I may pick up some Asolo’s to try. I have some buddies that like them.