Best day pack???

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry man, yes I bought one. That stud looks a bit like a gimmick to me, not sure I’d use it. Could always drill a hole and put one in the older version if you really wanted it.

Sorry man, yes I bought one. That stud looks a bit like a gimmick to me, not sure I’d use it. Could always drill a hole and put one in the older version if you really wanted it.
I got a ranger green one too :).

I thought the stud sounded cool when I read about it, but after watching a walkthrough video of the pack, I agree it looks gimmicky.

Looking for the best day pack that will not be hauling meat. Pretty much looking for a day pack for scouting, going to the range with, etc. Leaning towards Kifaru shape charge, stone glacier avail, or the new kuiu venture.
Like the Kifaru, but they moved the price to $400 for the shape charge. Tough to stomach pretty much $450 to my door for a day pack. That and you can’t even get them right now.

Any preferences/experiences/thoughts?
It is a buy once, cry once type of purchase, so you could justify it that way. Whatever you choose, get what you actually want the first time or it will end up costing more than 450$

I am not a lot of help, I gave up on packs that don’t haul meat well, but I know compromises to save 150$ for something you plan to use for several years never pencils out, at least for me. I have made that mistake enough times to know, I would have saved a lot of money in my life buying the end product first… there are a lot of disposable items I buy for outdoor recreation, but I don’t skimp on the items that aren’t disposable anymore

tracker12

WKR
That actually looks like a legit pack. The Venture cant really haul any meat and when I called KUIU they said about 35 lbs is the max for their Venture packs. I might get one of those for the fall actually, have you been happy with yours?
I used one last year on my elk hunt as a day pack. It was awesome and well worth the price.

I'll parrot the Venture Divide. Ive got the 2000 ci model. Got it really cheap on sale for like $145 and bought it for a computer/travel backpack but have been really impressed and might even hunt with it this fall. Really nice suspension, stiff back, lots of room. It is really very well done. Will be wearing it at a couple of TAC events this spring/summer to break it in.

tracker12

WKR
How’s the support system for small load? The 3000 shows polycarbonate she with dual aluminum stays.
I thought the support was great for a day pack. I had all I needed for a full day in the field. Pack sat on my hips well and I had no shoulder fatigue at the end of the day. Nice thing is the pack is light as hell empty.

Has your Pop Up 38 pack shipped yet? I just got an email from CampSaver saying they are having delays on my order processing.

Its a little bigger than a normal "day pack" but I'm a big fan of my Kuiu Pro LT 4000 for day pack or even an over night. It's a carbon frame pack with a meat shelf. I've carried many bull elk hind quarters with it while full of gear. Nice thing is its under 4lbs complete package so it is stlll light enough as a day pack but also works great as a legit meat hauling backpacking pack.

Ive also got the Pro LT 5500 that fits on the same frame that I use for multi day hunts.

Rhyed

FNG
I have or have had Mystery Ranch, Kuiu (I am a big fan of their products), and Eberlestock packs of various sizes. The SG Avail 2200 is hands down my favorite day pack. I especially like the u-shape zipper around the main compartment, which makes it really easy to get to items in the bottom of my bag without pulling everything out.

My cousin hunts with a kuiu venture bag. He loves it. He shot a bull last year and we put a boned out hind quarter and the backstops and tenderloins in the bag and strapped the head to it as well and it held up just fine. Don't know how much it weighed but no damage to the bag. Not a comfy packout though.

OP
L

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
My cousin hunts with a kuiu venture bag. He loves it. He shot a bull last year and we put a boned out hind quarter and the backstops and tenderloins in the bag and strapped the head to it as well and it held up just fine. Don't know how much it weighed but no damage to the bag. Not a comfy packout though.
Yeah I’m running Kifaru setup for elk. He’s brave running that fit packing out elk. Which venture?

TBOArcher

FNG
I absolutely love my Kuiu Divide 1500 and still use it for short trips. I also have the SG Avail that is my go-to day pack. I love it even more. I removed the waistbelt on both of these because I'm only carrying 15 or so lbs during hikes and scouts.
Second the KUIU Divide series.