Best budget 0-15 degree bag

Looking for recommendations on a good 0-15 degree sleeping bag that is budget friendly. I'm 6'1" and 250 so prefer a bag that has some extra room but is packable to do a pack in hunt. Thanks

MCS

FNG
Hyke & bike are decent for the money. I purchased the long because it has a good amount of shoulder room

No disrespect but budget friendly will echo in your head for the rest of your life the first night you dam near freeze to death.
For your size and temp range requirements western mountaineering has some good options for you.
If size and weight are of no concern a wiggys bag may fit the bill for you.

*zap*

WKR
Probably nothing that will work well is going to be much less than what works unless on sale or purchased used.

Check out REI. I bought a Igneo 17 down bag at half price on sale a couple years ago. It is a solid bag that for me gets to the temp rating, I do sleep warm though.

Looking for recommendations on a good 0-15 degree sleeping bag that is budget friendly. I'm 6'1" and 250 so prefer a bag that has some extra room but is packable to do a pack in hunt. Thanks

problem is most the budget sleeping bags are built for malnutritioned hipster. Spend money and find an appropriate sized bag.

for context I'm same size and run XWide and long EE revolution

*zap*

WKR
WM has some good roomy bags....I have the Kodiak and purchased it used on here 2 years ago in the summer for 50%. Just needed a good washing.

Greenbelt

Lil-Rokslider
I would skip trying to go budget and just hold out for a sale or used on here. Your sleep system can save your life in certain situations and it is honestly the only comfort you have at the end of the day when you are getting beaten down pretty hard. I picked up a brand new western mountaineering bag on here for half the price and I also picked up an enlightened equipment quilt for half the price. The weight savings in these bags is phenomenal and allows your body some bereavement from an already heavy backpack. I think on a rough estimate I saved myself 1 pound when using my sleeping bag and 2 pounds when using my quilt.

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to a quilt several years ago and I am sold. I also recommend buy once cry once for a sleeping bag/quilt! It's not worth saving $100 bucks and wanting to upgrade after a few trips. I went with the enlightened equipment quilt for about $350, but there are many good options I'm sure.

Drenalin

WKR
What is your budget? Also, Katabatic has been clearing out the older models on their quilts. If you’re good with a quilt and the sale prices fit in your budget, they are an excellent option that will perform better than the temp rating.

I would echo what several others have said. Warm, inexpensive, and packable/light is an unobtainable trifecta. You can have two out of the three, so it depends on where you want to compromise.

Wiggy’s make some good quality, warm and budget friendly bags, so you could check them out as an option. But they are relatively heavy and do not compress down as much.

For comparison I have 15 degree bags from Wiggy’s and Western Mountaineering. Both are comfortable to sleep in but the WM bag is 3x+ the cost and will pack down 2x+ smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I 6’1 275#(used to be 340 last year)

Look for a bag that is wide… 78-80”, long doesn’t do much good when bags are 68-72” wide at shoulder

I’ve had good success with Big Agnes and Kelty(?)

Currently run a XX-Wide x Long custom El Coyote quilt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
Outdoor Vitals is a solid bag for the money. I have their zero degree down bag, I am a cold sleeper and it has been good down to single digits for me.

Winter camping sucks! lol

Another vote for the WM Kodiak. Very roomy and quite warm. Although it is bulky so you have to make sure packed, it fits in your pack.