Best blind chair

WCB

WKR
Looking for suggestions on the best LATE SEASON chair for ground blind hunting whitetails. I've tried a bunch of different chairs/seats and every single one in cold weather creaks. The fabric where it wraps around the chair frame or hinges on the back rest (Banded Gear chair) just don't work for cold weather. Same with the fold out camp chairs.

This will be for Upper Midwest in December MN and ND. Thinking something like the double bull or a Millennium chair would be better options due to fabric and attachment to frame. Would also prefer it to swivel.

OP
W

WCB

WKR
I’ve been using regular ol’ bag chairs from Walmart for years and they’ve worked really well.
Dont they sound like someones having a seizure on wrapping paper when it gets cold. Im hunting in single digits or lower

N2TRKYS

WKR
Dont they sound like someones having a seizure on wrapping paper when it gets cold. Im hunting in single digits or lower

I don’t get alot of single digits, but do get some below freezing days. The initial sitting down on them has some sound to it, cause it’s frozen. However, after sitting on it for a short time, it’s warmed up to the same temp as I am. My body heat warms the fabric up and it no longer makes the frozen material sound any longer. At least, that’s how it has been working for me.

2muchhp

WKR
Same issue here and have been using the beach/camp chairs as well. I've tried spraying the contact points with whatever I can find that doesn't smell with no results, still makes noise when cold. I'm thinking of cutting the contact points and replacing with a different material.
There has to be something better.

Reactions: WCB

Dazzler

WKR
Have any of you used them in COLD weather single digits or lower. I see the front of the seat material is wrapped around the frame. To me that screams creaking.

I’d call or message Mr Waldrop. He’d be the best source for user reports on cold weather like that. My blind in that kind of weather will be heated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryansean

FNG
I stealth stripped all of the tubing including under the seat using rolls (it slides over enough to wrap it) and haven't had any issues with noise/creaking. Also helps with the cold metal on bare hands. Last year the coldest I got out was 15 degrees. I'm pretty sure I hunted colder days the previous year into January.

I initially got the chair because I layer up so much and it's a lot for me and climbing gear when it gets below freezing.

Reactions: WCB

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
The fanatic outdoors hammock seat looks like a good option that is very light. The more you use it the quieter it gets. I haven’t personally tried one yet, just going by the reviews and YouTube comparison videos. I went with the Waldrop pac seat instead. May order one or the hammock seats for trips deeper in the woods.

Summit makes a good blind chair. It has been silent for me although I don't see temps in the single digits often at all.

jedi

FNG
i prefer a metal fold out chair. easy and light, your clothes slide on them without making noise. ive tried all kinds of others but prefer just a simple metal folding chair

anyone know of a swivel chair that doesn't weigh 8lbs... I have a 2.5 lb one now but it's on it's last legs and no longer manufactured.