Best Blaze Orange Vests for Western Big Game and Whitetail Deer

With the emergence of First Lite's new Charge vest, I thought it was a perfect time to ask everyone what their preferred blaze orange vest is for Whitetail and Western Big game hunting. What's your favorite and why?

The best blaze orange vest imo is the one that is the most minimalistic, light, & cheap, yet is still legal.

From my research and what I have used the last 11 years is the cheap mesh style orange vest you can buy at Walmart and/or Academy. It weights next to nothing, dries quickly and doesn’t make you hot. Don't over think this. I own a lot of expensive name brand clothing gear, but there ain’t no place for an Orange vest that cost more than $10.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
My experience with one size fits all vests is that they don't fit me (size medium) well, are secured by noisy velcro, and they flap in the wind. Last year I upgraded to a $17 MidwayUSA vest with different size options, a full length zipper, no velcro, and it has pockets. I don't use the pockets much or put anything heavy in them, but it's nice to have the option to briefly stash something in my outermost layer. They are on clearance now: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020707934?pid=267171

Baron528

FNG
I use an older Cabela's Guide Vest for still hunting whitetails without a pack. It's heavy, but the large back pocket has enough room for water, snacks, and an extra layer if needed.

For western hunting, I use a basic vest with minimal pockets that are always empty.

I use a Patagonia hooded pullover and an Enlightened Equipment Pullover puffy that are blaze orange. Those stupid vests just piss me off, I would rather have functional clothing that is blaze orange. However, for some reason this is too much to ask from major hunting companies.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
I would rather have functional clothing that is blaze orange.
I like that idea, I'd just have to have orange base layers as well for warmer weather or higher energy output. And an orange rain/wind layer. I guess that's why I just throw a vest on top of whatever I'm wearing.

TN2shot07

WKR
I got an under armour one for Christmas years ago and that’s what I’ve worn ever since. It’s about like the midway above. I’ve enjoyed my catalyst jacket and have considered that or a stratus vest so I’m at least getting a layer out of it

enbhunts

FNG
Functional jacket or vest that is gonna fit right and be multi purpose. Maybe the charge vest will be that from FL

Dazzler

WKR
I use an older Cabela's Guide Vest for still hunting whitetails without a pack. It's heavy, but the large back pocket has enough room for water, snacks, and an extra layer if needed.

For western hunting, I use a basic vest with minimal pockets that are always empty.

Does it have snap buttons and black trim?

gdiemer

WKR
+1 for orange aglow. I use their basic mesh vest, but they have other blaze outwear for those who want more functionality

I like that idea, I'd just have to have orange base layers as well for warmer weather or higher energy output. And an orange rain/wind layer. I guess that's why I just throw a vest on top of whatever I'm wearing.
I have a hooded base layer, vest, three puffy jackets and rain jacket in blaze orange for the same reason. None of it is from a hunting company. Check out ibex wool, it’s spendy though. My brimmed beanie is from FL.