Best bang for buck scope

turbo406

FNG
Have a vew vortex vipers
Burris fullfield. I think the Sig whiskey 3s are pretty underrated too for the price
Bought a cheap sig buckmaster to have just for a spare scope and ended up stuffing it on a 223 I got, I honestly like it as well as my vortex vipers. The zoom adjustment on it is super smooth and easy, the BDC slashes are a great touch and work great with my 223 would absolutely buy another to throw on something. Really shows sig quality if their bottom of the barrel line is that good.

Macro

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve settled on SWFA 3-9 and the bushy LRHS/ LRTS series for my hunting rifles.

TheGDog

WKR
I'd bought a bundled together packaged combo deal by Burris from Optics Planet. It had their 3-15x50mm Veracity (which was what I wanted for my main Deer rifle) and it also came w/ a FullField E1 4.5-14x42mm, with their LongRange MOA Reticle. I like it, the reticle isn't "too busy". I'd prefer a lower bottom-end to the magnification range personally, but it actually did fine when a yote came running in and stopped at about 10yds. I'd have thought that 4.5x bottom-end was gonna really hamper my ability to get on target fast when something was close-up, but turns out that wasn't the case.

Midway has the Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16x42 for $199. Also have Vortex Viper 2-10x44 for around $259.
I have both. The Diamondback HP has the same glass and is a lot better deal.

6x for hunting may be too much if the animal appears close. It sucks to lose an animal because you couldn't find it in the scope.
Very true! Fixed power scopes are not for everyone. Just my personal preference. A lot of lessons learned here with a fixed power scope. Especially the 10x, I have been bit by it plenty of times. I Never have to worry about losing my zero with these scopes. They are built like tanks 👍 that’s why I use em

Have you used the SWFA 6x? I tend to shoot both eyes open so maybe it's not an issue for me, but I've shot a decent few animals with mine <50 yards and didn't have an issue.
Everyone uses what they like 👍 I’ve shot a lot of blacktails and black bears within 50 yards with my 6x, even a running 25 yard shot on a buck, I’ve had no issues. Considering a SWFA is 299 and it holds zero better than anything in and most above its price point puts it in its own class. “Bang for your buck” is an understatement lol. Yeah You give up magnification but I’d sacrifice that for reliability any day. If that’s an issue they make a 3-9 lol. Those who shoot them know they simply rock.

TheGDog

WKR
Have you used the SWFA 6x? I tend to shoot both eyes open so maybe it's not an issue for me, but I've shot a few animals with mine <50 yards and didn't have an issue.
Yeah, you bring up a very good point!

I found when I swapped the scope on the .223 from a 2-7x... up to a 4.5-14x... that keeping both eyes open when the yote came running up close was crucial... so that when you throw up that rifle to your eye on that yote 10yrds away that just came to an abrupt stop.... and that reticle is floating in a sea of fur... with two eyes open, you can MUCH more rapidly figure out and deduce where it's positioned upon their body.

Cause 4.5x at <10yds is no bueno with just one eye.

For me I prefer lvpo such as the sig tango 4 1-4 or vortex viper pst
More powerful scopes I like the Leopoldo vx3 depends what budget you’re looking for. Burris full field holds zero well too.

Ludo

FNG
Most bang for buck “Brand”? Generally speaking I’d have to say Maven. They really deliver for the price. Knowing what you’re using it for, distances your shooting, price range, etc would be helpful info for answering your question.

mcseal2

WKR
I'm going with the Burris guys on this one. The cheapest scopes I trust are the Burris Fullfield series. I have a couple Fullfield IV 3-12x, and a couple 4.5-14x I think are II. I also have a 3-9x Fullfield I think is a II.

These are on my cheaper truck guns mostly. Savage hog hunter, Ruger American, etc. They ride around in the UTV, feed truck, behind the seat of the tractor, etc. They take a beating and have held zero better for me than anything currently made in that price range I've tried. That includes Vortex Diamondback, Sightron S1, Nikon Buckmaster.

For this use I don't want exposed turrets so I have not used the SWFA scopes.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Burris Fullfield, they are an incredible value.

DOESLAYER

Lil-Rokslider
Sig's MSR LPVO line is good and it comes with a mount.

Most models are on sale on their site.

dkart004

FNG
I picked up a couple sig buckmasters and I’ve been really impressed given they were only $95 a piece. Very clear glass for the price.