Best backpack with rifle scabbard

Krcooke92

FNG
Looking for the best multi day backpack with a built in rifle scabbard what’s y’all’s experience?

I build (sew) my own scabbards that I mount on my pack. Lighter, better, more versatile.

The ones with the scabbard between the frame and bag space the load out off your back a few inches. In my experience that’s not desirable for load hauling.

The only pack that I ever openly hated and could not learn to live with had a built in scabbard. It seems like a great idea until you try to live with it on a hunt. Not to mention the lack of options a scabbard presents, you're stuck with it where it is and cannot change things around. I prefer a quick release sling, or no rifle attachment at all if I'm archery hunting.

LoggerDan

WKR
My friend, it’s a good idea to check out the gunbearer from kifaru. I really dig the brand, but I’m not such a fan boy to blithely suggest it on name alone. But, I ordered and used one before I bought a pack from them, and I’ve got to tell ya that it really is a fantastic piece of equipment.
I just can’t get behind having my rifle stowed hard away with no quick access, bear country or not. I really believe in the product. I hope you find what you are looking for and need. God Bless.

Eberlestock is the main brand that offers packs with built in scabbards. I've owned the J34 and didn't find it comfortable with heavy loads.
Kifaru had a very short run of mountain ramblers. I own one and use it year around, it is on the smaller side but is capable of multiday hunts. I use a grabbit and guide lid for more space.

Get an Exo, Stone Glacier, or Kifaru and a rifle carrier. I hear good things about Initial Ascent and Seek Outside packs but they're less popular. Lots of K3 packs are bound to end up on here for sale with the new K4 coming out.

I’ve tried some Eberlestock packs with the scabbard and they don’t hold a candle to other packs like exo or stone glacier. Yes those brands don’t have a scabbard but for the pack comfortability and overall quality it’s worth it to just use the rifle sling offered by exo instead of a scabbard. The packs are leagues ahead of Eberlestock packs for hunting purposes. Don’t get too caught up in the scabbard idea (even though it is convenient to use).

I have an Eberlestock F1 mainframe with vapor 2500 and rifle scabbard. I really like the layout, but when I put more than 70 lbs on it the belt it has a tendency to slip on me quite a bit. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it can get pretty uncomfortable on the shoulders, even with the upgraded belt they offer. But for my style/area of hunting (chaparral, steep hills using trekking poles) not having to deal with my rifle slipping all over the place is integral to my mental health. I've thought about other methods of rifle carry, like the kifaru gunbearer or the other kinds that are strapped to your belt and shoulder strap, but it's seems overly complicated compared to a scabbard.... perhaps I'm just ignorant. I wish the kifaru stryker xl had the capability to put a scabbard on it... that would be my ideal set up.