Best 15 degree down bag

sivart

WKR
Just like everyone, want it to be light and warm. I'm just a Sept archery hunter, but I've had temps in the teens certain years above timberline.

I have a 15 yr old Marmot Helium. Like it, don't love it. Doesn't seem to pack down as well as an old mountain smith bag that I have. Would like to keep it under 2 lbs. 1.5 lbs would be ideal

Just looking for suggestions.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
X2 on the badger, however it's a little heavier than 2 pounds. If your looking for something 2 pounds or under you might want to look into quilts.

SOIHUNT

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Badger, who cares how many times this has been brought up! Good luck picking a bag.

WM Alpinelite is also a good option. I got one used on here and was amazed with the weight, compressed size, and warmth.

Pdzoller

WKR
Not sure how you feel about quilts but I’ve used my custom EE Enigma down into single digits in November. Nothing beats a quilt on weight and packability.

OP
S

sivart

WKR
Not sure how you feel about quilts but I’ve used my custom EE Enigma down into single digits in November. Nothing beats a quilt on weight and packability.
Do you run the 20 degree, wide?

Decker9

WKR
A down option worth looking at would be Taiga works out of Vancouver BC. I use both a WM and Taiga bags, Taiga is on par with WM at half the price.

Reactions: WCS

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
I've had the Marmot Helium also for about 12 years, still love it and still use it anytime I'm not having to count ounces. But, like Pdzoller said above, you about have to go quilt to get 15deg out of a 1.5-2 lb bag. I got one of the Nunatak ARC quilts a few years back and got Jan to overstuff slightly. Quality wise I think it is comparable to the other good ones listed above. It checks the boxes for warmth and weight but I still think I like a bag better.

Stone Glacier make a darn fine bag. I have the 15 degree and it has performed well in September. I throw in a sleeping bag sock for colder November hunts and stay warm and toasty.