Bergara, Seekins, or Browning... 6.5 PRC/ Creedmoor. Looking for suggestions

West_TX_Sherpa

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to pick up a new rifle in 6.5 PRC (maybe Creedmoor), and I have it narrowed down to three rifles. The Bergara Premier Highlander (or Approach), Seekins Havak, or possibly the Browning Hells Canyon Long range McMillan. I've heard great things about all three, and they're similar in price so I'm having a hard time narrowing it down. Let me know what you think!

Love my Havaks. I have one chambered in both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannot speak from ownership but I have witnessed 3 different bergara 6.5creeds get shot out before they reached 1200 rounds. One was toast at 850 with factory hornady.

Cannot speak from ownership but I have witnessed 3 different bergara 6.5creeds get shot out before they reached 1200 rounds. One was toast at 850 with factory hornady.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean the barrel was shot out? How did you know when that happens?

And what did Bergara do about it?

Can't comment on the other 2, but I do own a HC LR McMillan and love it. Shoots lights out with basically no load development. Factory brake, cerakote, action is factory bedded, as well as the 20 MOA rail. Other than swapping in a $12 trigger spring, it's ready for LR out of the box.

Like 406 said generally the throat errodes and accuracy degrades. Many things can wear out in a barrel. My humble opinion on this subject would be that bergera does not use the highest quality blanks available and 1200 rounds is reasonable. You pay for what you get. On one rifle we could not even locate the lands. The second only had about .090” of bearing surface inside the case neck.

To my knowledge bergera wasn’t even contacted. There isn’t any defect in craftsmanship. The barrels are simply replacement parts.

A bore scope was not used. Consistent results were found using a modified case by the owner and I confirmed it using the wheeler method which envolves removal of the ejector and extractor.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean the barrel was shot out? How did you know when that happens?

And what did Bergara do about it?

Back