Browning mountain pro vs seekins ph2

Mtank79

FNG
So I have been looking for awhile now and wanted to see if anyone had experience with both models I mentioned. I narrowed it to these two specific models & I am 90% locked in for a 6.5 prc. Pros for the browning I can check it out in person , 7 twist on the 6.5 prc & I’ve owned several brownings & never had one let me down. The seekins has wonderful reviews just never handled one. If the price was the same on the mountain pro vs seekins ph2 which one are you leaving with.

Caveat that Ive never held or shot either but just looking at them I think I'd prefer the seekins because the stock looks like it would manage recoil better, it has a higher comb and I shoot better with a vertical grip. Do you like sporter style stocks?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I gave Brownings a long look my take away was that not all of them have stainless barrels so make sure you check with the specific model you want.

I also want to shoot with my silencer and Brownings barrels seemed overly long. The models they make like the suppressor ready or that neat looking short barrel McMillan stock gun don’t have stainless barrels so that’s a problem for me.

Edit: I ended up buying a Seekins. Shorter barrel, already threaded to 5/8x24, stock felt good to me, aics mags rather than browning mags. Seekins came with a rail and a better trigger as well as a satisfaction guarantee.

DoctorJJ

FNG
I‘ve not handled the Seekins but the 3 Browning Pro’s I have are all great. 2 are chambered in 6.5 PRC and one in 6.5 Creedmoor. All 3 are legit sub-MOA guns with 156gr Berger factory ammo and the 143gr Norma Bondstrike ammo. I haven’t rally tried other ammo yet. For an extra $12 you can change out the spring with a MCarbo and take the trigger pull down to 2lbs. Oh, and as far as the long barrels. All are shot with suppressors. The 2 PRC’s each have their own CGS Hyperions and the Creedmoor has a Silencerco Omega.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I‘ve not handled the Seekins but the 3 Browning Pro’s I have are all great. 2 are chambered in 6.5 PRC and one in 6.5 Creedmoor. All 3 are legit sub-MOA guns with 156gr Berger factory ammo and the 143gr Norma Bondstrike ammo. I haven’t rally tried other ammo yet. For an extra $12 you can change out the spring with a MCarbo and take the trigger pull down to 2lbs. Oh, and as far as the long barrels. All are shot with suppressors. The 2 PRC’s each have their own CGS Hyperions and the Creedmoor has a Silencerco Omega.
How long are the barrels on your rifles?

OP
M

Mtank79

FNG
I gave Brownings a long look my take away was that not all of them have stainless barrels so make sure you check with the specific model you want.

I also want to shoot with my silencer and Brownings barrels seemed overly long. The models they make like the suppressor ready or that neat looking short barrel McMillan stock gun don’t have stainless barrels so that’s a problem for me.

Edit: I ended up buying a Seekins. Shorter barrel, already threaded to 5/8x24, stock felt good to me, aics mags rather than browning mags. Seekins came with a rail and a better trigger as well as a satisfaction guarantee.
I’m looking at the mountain pro burnt bronze it’s says it has a stainless 24” barrel for 6.5 prc. From Brownings sight it says the carbon grey mountain pro just has a steel barrel.

As far as stocks go the seekins stock looks very close to the AG Alpine I had on my ridgeline that I just sold. IMG_1700.jpeg

OP
M

Mtank79

FNG
The lgs I’m going to this morning has a mountain pro but I’m not sure which model & not sure what calibers but I know they have a 6.8 west. They also have FFT Ridgeline in 7PRC & it’s $200 cheaper than the Browning. I can get a 6.5 prc from seekins or whoever & then buy or build a 7 prc in the spring. Or skip the 6.5 & start buying pieces for the build. I’d essentially build a proof elevation but use a AG stock which will cost me a minimum of $300 more than just buying an elevation.

Can't say for the Browning never delt with one. But a friend of mine bought a seekins 6.5 prc element. And hands down the best shooting little light weight gun out of the box factory ammo I've ever shot. I liked it so much I bought one. Lol! Good luck on which ever you go with.

I've got an xbolt stainless stalker in 300wsm (not the mountain pro) and a 300 wm PH2. They are quite different. To sum it up, Browning is nicer to carry (lighter, shorter, trimmer, has a flush fitting mag so it is great for carrying in hand) and the seekins is nicer to shoot (heavier, good vertical grip, better feeling trigger). The xbolt goes hunting more.

I'll say the browning sporter stock ergos are one of my favorites as far as more traditional sporter style stocks go from a shooting standpoint. They are a very nicely balanced set up. Dont have drop in comb/drop at heel, have a great recoil pad, and the grip is actually close enough to the trigger to be useful in making good trigger pulls. I'm not sure what the max magazine COAL is in the browning but i'd almost guarantee the seekins allows for longer COAL.

I paid $800 for my stainless stalker xbolt in 2014. It shoots better than the 2 factory seekins 300wm i had They warranty replaced the first because it was unacceptable. The 2nd was also unimpressive with the bullets i wanted to shoot so I rebarreled it on my dime rather than spend more time/money on ammo for a 3rd. Despite my poor luck with them, i believe they had some bugs early on with lots of rifles that have since been worked out and think the havak platform is very hard to beat for the price point.

Seekins has a better setup for rebarreling if you actually shoot enough to go through a barrel.

OP
M

Mtank79

FNG
Well once I got in the lgs I went down a rabbit hole. I walked out with another ridgeline. I got a 7 prc shot show edition