Bergara Ridge Carbon Wilderness or Browning X-Bolt Speed SR

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
As everyone has said, go with the X-Bolt. Both mine are great rifles and shooters (Hunter in 25-06 and a HC in 280ai).

I also have to two buddies that the X-bolt is all they shoot.

pwdrski

FNG
I own 2 Browning Speed X-Bolts .300 Win Mag and 6.5 PRC both sub 1 minute accuracy and flawless cycling. Both killers, many times over Elk, hogs, Pronghorns ,mulies and Axis. Can't go wrong with the X Bolt.

I'm a fan of the x-bolts, I recently picked one up and am pretty impressed as a factory rifle goes, it shots every bit as well as my my custom, much more expensive 6.5 SAUM. That said, there are some quirks to them. Firstly, the triggers suck so i'd upgrade there. Secondly, unless you get the SPR models, the barrel threading is quirky and makes it a bit more complicated when fitting surpressors. Lastly, aftermarket options on xbolts are limited.

I'd also consider a seekins havak PH2 and have seekins swap the barrel for a shorter, 22" surpressor ready barrel (an additional $500 or so)

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
My advice is to buy your suppressor now while you continue to research rifles. We’ve seen some stamps coming back fast, but there are no guarantees. If you want to hunt with your can in 2024, buy it now and get the form 4 submitted.

Leaf Litter

Lil-Rokslider
I own a Browning X-bolt and two Tikkas as my main rifles. I can confidently say that I like my Browning more than my Tikkas (very narrow margin).

This said, the Browning is 100% your best choice of the two. Bergara seems to have lost motivation to put out quality rifles recently and the Rem 700 design is antiquated (at best).

Bonus: Browning has first generation X-bolt rifles on deep discount now with the X-bolt 2 coming out. $800 for a stalker LR is a STEAL!

Last edited: