Bergara Carbon Barrels

KSTiger

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like Bergara will be releasing carbon barrels this year. I won’t when they will put them on factory rifles and in which models.

OMB

WKR
All that magnesium and carbon fiber and they can still barely get their guns under 7 pounds. If they put the guns they advertise as mountain rifles on a major diet I'd probably actually buy one.

That does seem steep. You could do a savage ultra lite in an xlr chassis for much less. But, this is all
Put together for you. I’m assuming street price will be less than what they have listed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickle

FNG
There is this option also.
3lQVmw4l.png

I watched the video on the MG lite. Looked great, but pricing put it in custom range. I haven’t seen any Bergara premium rifles so maybe they are worth the price. I feel like I could get a rifle from Mesa Precision or GAP for around the same price though.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I watched the video on the MG lite. Looked great, but pricing put it in custom range. I haven’t seen any Bergara premium rifles so maybe they are worth the price. I feel like I could get a rifle from Mesa Precision or GAP for around the same price though.
Most custom rifles with the Element 4.0 MG are going to be in that 4500 to 5k range. I am sure you could piece one together for a little cheaper than that but these are still a great off-the-shelf option for guys! Don't have to wait for gunsmiths either.

Im not trashing your chassis at all. I'm a happy owner of a Element 3.0. I wasn't aware of the big price difference between the regular and the magnesium. Worth every penny if it works for you.

Reactions: XLR

ID_Matt

WKR
$3300 MSRP seems pretty steep imo. Competing with custom builds at that point.

Street price will be quite a bit lower I am guessing. Euro Optic has them listed at $3K. You would have a tough time building a custom for anywhere near that price with the same type components.

ID_Matt

WKR
That does seem steep. You could do a savage ultra lite in an xlr chassis for much less. But, this is all
Put together for you. I’m assuming street price will be less than what they have listed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like euro optic has them listed at $2,999

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Im not trashing your chassis at all. I'm a happy owner of a Element 3.0. I wasn't aware of the big price difference between the regular and the magnesium. Worth every penny if it works for you.
Oh no I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the price difference between the two because it is a pretty big jump on the price!

All that magnesium and carbon fiber and they can still barely get their guns under 7 pounds. If they put the guns they advertise as mountain rifles on a major diet I'd probably actually buy one.
Their premier mountain 2.0 weighs 6.2-6.4lbs

How much less do you want it to weigh?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Harvey_NW

WKR
You would have a tough time building a custom for anywhere near that price with the same type components.
Tikka or blueprinted 700 - $650ish
CF stock - $650ish.
Carbon blank or prefit - $550-750.
Gunsmith labor - $275 (+$180 for thread, protector, brake)
Total - $2,125-2,500.

Not really..

CF stock - $650ish.
Total - $2,125-2,500.

Not really..
Where do I get a carbon blank for that price?

ID_Matt

WKR
CF stock - $650ish.
Total - $2,125-2,500.

Not really..
**same type components

If you are going to be fair, compare apples to apples.

Where do I get a carbon blank for that price?

Same thing I’m thinking.

Also, don’t forget a trigger if you go with the 700.

Also, who only charges $275 to chamber the barrel and put it all together? Are they gonna bed it too? That’ll be extra.

I’m thinking a full build will run you closer to $3k if not $3500 when it’s all said and done.

Also, that build will still be in that 7lb ballpark unless you decide to jump to a custom action.