Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 6 Dasher

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • 6-284

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 6 Rem

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
In the old days I would have said 6creed but now days I shoot my 6GT’s a lot more. Same performance with less recoil and factory ammo is also readily available now for those who don’t reload.

Still have a a semi custom model 7 in 6 Remington that was my primary hunting rifle for many years.
You hunt with it?

Lemhi

FNG
You hunt with it?
Absolutely. 110 a-tips @2950 are super efficient. I’ve got a GAP built GT that consists of a defiance anti, bartlein #4 carbon barrel finished at 22” in a manners EHSL.

Nothing I’ve killed with it has noticed the 110 being only 100fps slower than the 108’s from the 6creed.

Creed on the left GT on the right. Ignore the build junk in the middle.

Attachments

• IMG_1117.jpeg
    IMG_1117.jpeg
    642.3 KB · Views: 193

WRO

WKR
The kid shooting criteria and recoil are really the only things that keep me from going 6CM. I know recoil still isn’t bad at all on a 6 CM with a suppressor, but how would a 6ARC be with a suppressor? Non existent? Don’t care about barrel life. I have been leaning towards the CM, but this dang ARC keeps popping up and the lack of recoil, especially for my kid and wife keep making me second guess my decision. I love that we have so many good choices, but seriously analysis paralysis is a thing!

Has anybody that has a 6ARC had any issues with it and a suppressor? I was reading some people have significant carbon build up in the suppressor with an ARC due to the powder?? But that might have been gas guns as well.

dd9d6d8d890cae3b4f92518694e7f5ea.jpg

She killed hers with 6creed at 385..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have killed over 20 deer with my 6 creedmoor with Berger 108’s. There’s basically no recoil. No can or brake. Have had adults, a 9 year old, 11 year old, 12 year old, women, etc kill with it and have never even shot before that. No issue what so ever. Thing just slays and does not miss.

RyanT26

WKR
Have killed over 20 deer with my 6 creedmoor with Berger 108’s. There’s basically no recoil. No can or brake. Have had adults, a 9 year old, 11 year old, 12 year old, women, etc kill with it and have never even shot before that. No issue what so ever. Thing just slays and does not miss.
Are you using the 108 elite hunter’s?

fshaw

WKR
For me it’d be my 6X45 built on a Sako Vixen action with a Hart barrel. I shoot 95gr Partitions and 100gr Oryx out of it. I’m an Adirondack Forest short range shooter though.

djauofd

FNG
Currently I have been considering building a 6 mm for basically what you are saying. For easy peasy, it seems the quick answer is 6CM.

In 6CM the recoil may be a little more because your pushing it faster, but if you roll your own you can simply load it a on the low side. As previously proposed 200 fps slower.

The other suggestion is 6 ARC. Keep in mind factory ammo is 52,000 psi gas gun appropriate ammo. If you bolt gun it, you can load them 60,000. So if you load your own it can really stretch the performance envelope of the cartridge. Extremely efficient. The recoil will be absolutely minimal . So I think a lot of building one problem is the damage.445 bolt face.

So if you want to use a .473 bolt face and you reload then the fun begins. The 6 BRA, The 6 GT. Great balance between performance and recoil. Downside is you won’t find ammo at the gun shop. If you like to load these things can be awesome.

I am struggling with this my self, and before the year end you can pick up a Solus Action for $650 before taxes.

I have a lot of AR’s and I have several 6.5 Grendel’s. Actually 264 LBC chambers, but in the performance window these things are awesome. Never made the jump to 6 ARC because when you put their performance side by side the slight increase in long range performance just can’t justify the intended use as I can put 130’s down the Grendel.

If you lower your cutters you plan on taking the new 22 ARC is a neat platform as well. Shooting 62 gr ELD VT bullets at 3,300 fps. The new ELD VT bullets are really something.

That were I am at should I build a 6 mm bolt , or go with the 22 ARC , which would be a hoot. If I’m going to go with a new bolt gun I’ll need to do it soon. Solus action will only be on sale till end of year.

If I go 22 ARC, I would just build a 22” upper . Decisions. Decisions.

djauofd

FNG
I have seen some you tube videos of people getting the ammo and barrels . Satern Liberty barrels ( button rifled) have a 22” 1-7 twist 22ARC AR barrel with a head-spaced bolt for $330. Loaded ammo is finally starting to hit shelves. In a bolt gun I’m sure you could get 62 gr ELD VT bullets to 3,450 fps. Off course you would have to hand load.

But

I have seen some you tube videos of people getting the ammo and barrels . Satern Liberty barrels ( button rifled) have a 22” 1-7 twist 22ARC AR barrel with a head-spaced bolt for $330. Loaded ammo is finally starting to hit shelves. In a bolt gun I’m sure you could get 62 gr ELD VT bullets to 3,450 fps. Off course you would have to hand load.

But

What part of the country are you in? There has been zero new stuff here in SE Texas that Ive been able to find and Im looking.

Im more interested in the 6.5 projectile they have coming out in this line for my Grendel but that 62gr would be great for my bolt gun if it shoots.

Juan_ID

WKR
The kid shooting criteria and recoil are really the only things that keep me from going 6CM. I know recoil still isn’t bad at all on a 6 CM with a suppressor, but how would a 6ARC be with a suppressor? Non existent? Don’t care about barrel life. I have been leaning towards the CM, but this dang ARC keeps popping up and the lack of recoil, especially for my kid and wife keep making me second guess my decision. I love that we have so many good choices, but seriously analysis paralysis is a thing!

Has anybody that has a 6ARC had any issues with it and a suppressor? I was reading some people have significant carbon build up in the suppressor with an ARC due to the powder?? But that might have been gas guns as well.
I had a t3x 6arc, had a 20” barrel and shot it suppressed 100% of the time and it was a blast to shoot, very little recoil and very accurate. It wasn’t real fast but with varget and 108’s it was about 2700fps mv. Didn’t drop below 1800fps until about 680-700 yards. I had no reason to switch but I wanted to try something else that I could get similar speeds out of with a shorter barrel. I for whatever reason like the short fat cases and think I’ll be getting a 6gt next…
Well my indecisiveness has led me to make the following decision and purchase…

For my wife and kiddos…6.5 ARC in a howa mini and stockys vg2. For under $800, I had to do it.

For me…6CM Tikka in a stockys vg. For 1k, again I had to do it. It would have been irresponsible of me to not do it.

The stocks compliment each other very nicely (one black and one grey). Same optics (Trijicon Credo Hx 2.5-15x42). Wanted them close so my kiddos feel like we are on the same playing field and working together when we are out there. That may sound dumb, but I don’t want them to think that only dad gets the nice stuff.

Anyway, thanks for all of your input. Excited for how these come together!
6cm seems like a clear choice, your kids will love shooting the arc and I’m sure you’ll love the 6cm. Post up after you get them and what you guys think. 👍

OP
passinggas33
Thanks for all the feedback guys on the rifle choices. Now to get them and put them all together. Once they are all done up, I’ll get some pics posted for sharing. And hopefully some pics with some field use!!