BaseMap 3D Earth - Check out this new feature!

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
Is this only available on iOS? Will it be made available for Android in the future?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
B

BaseMap

Is this only available on iOS? Will it be made available for Android in the future?

Yes. there are plans in our roadmap to make this available on Android. For now, it is only available on iOS. However, we still have Google Earth integration for Android so you can see BaseMap markers in the GE app. Stay tuned!

So from what I can see on their website, this is everything Onx is but with 3d satellite view. Would that be correct? Looks like it costs 29.99 for an annual subscription for their pro level which includes nationwide public vs. private landowner overlay.

blackdawg

WKR
Looks like a more advanced tool than OnX at a much cheaper price. Anyone else see it that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have any experience with this so all I know is what I've read in this thread. But other than a more detailed earth view, what makes this "more versatile than on-x"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

success

WKR
This is cheaper for the states but I like the option of the card for each state to use in a handheld gps. Bc in Montana my phone was useless for the most part.

This is cheaper for the states but I like the option of the card for each state to use in a handheld gps. Bc in Montana my phone was useless for the most part.
Did you download the maps ahead of time?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

success

WKR
I did one day but you can only dl a small section. So if we changed to a different location in the afternoon I’d have to do it again. Too easy to have a chip in a nice handheld gps.

Bluto

WKR
Trying to figure out a solution to these same problems without having to have both apps.

BaseMap seems to have a slight edge in overall features of the maps, mostly considering the price for Pro that includes all states and the 3D GE-type feature.

OnX has a giant edge in being able to download to my Rino GPS.

A hidden, but maybe the biggest advantage for me personally and especially my wife, additional feature of OnX is the water layer with offshore charts.

Happy wife, happy spending money on tech toys.

The water layer is probably just me, but am I missing an ability/shortcut to download a complete map to a GPS via file or card with BaseMap? (Of note - I do not have Pro yet, I’m just trying out the free version alongside the 7 day OnX trial.)

JDZ

WKR
Does it have landowner info like OnX, or just public vs private info? Besides map layers, are there other benefits of subscribing to Pro?

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
Does it have landowner info like OnX, or just public vs private info? Besides map layers, are there other benefits of subscribing to Pro?
Jordan Budd just posted a review/comparison to OnX video on the Rokslide YouTube channel that will answer that question. She goes fairly in depth.

Reactions: JDZ