Barrel threading

Sled

WKR
You might consider shipping it out if you can't find a local that is competent.

I don’t know about Daytona Beach, but Altus (formerly Core) is in Baker. Go take their precision rifle course and have your barrel threaded 🤷‍♂️
I was just about to suggest this before looking it up and seeing the 6 hour drive. Didn't know if it was as easy as just shipping and since LRI probably has the fastest turnaround I suggested that. Altus do good stuff too.

204guy

WKR
LRI is a good choice. Just be aware and there's nothing wrong with it but depending on what you're wanting to do LRI is a bit conservative in what they're willing to thread.

Sled

WKR
It’s a Remington 700 varmint that I just want to have threaded to run a suppressor.

there's plenty of meat on that barrel. i send mine off to morgan at class III machining in texas. good prices and great work. even with shipping i pay less than the hack jobs i've had locally.

OP
C
there's plenty of meat on that barrel. i send mine off to morgan at class III machining in texas. good prices and great work. even with shipping i pay less than the hack jobs i've had locally.
That’s what I figured. There’s a guy locally I know is really good but he’s a high end precision guy that charges around $200. I figured I may be able to find someone a little more affordable.