Backpacking belts to hold up your trousers

Mtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
Do you run belts for your pants when you’re backpacking? If so which ones and what are the qualities you prefer ?

EdP

WKR
I made my own with 1" nylon webbing and a spring clip from an outfitting store.

Without a belt on my pants the waist belt on a pack pushes my pants 1/2 way down my butt, but the belt needs to be thin and light so it doesn't cut into the hips as it rides under the pack waist belt.

I’ve tried many and Arcade Belt is the best by far. It has really good balance of flex and tension while also being thin and soft. I haven’t found another belt that has all those qualities. Most are corse and cause pressure points/chaffing or they are soft but don’t have enough tension to be effective all day without adjusting.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I use a loop belt from Amazon. Really lightweight and no buckles. It uses Velcro to keep it closed and easy to adjust for how tight or loose you want it.
I have a belt like this! I love mine for everyday haven’t tried it with my pack yet

rcb2000

WKR
I thought for sure I’d come here and see all the recommendations for the Arcade belts, but since no one mentioned them, here’s a link.
It’s super lightweight, very thin, low profile, stretchy, absolutely the perfect belt to wear underneath a pack.
45 grams for the slim version.

Link here

IMG_8111.jpeg

IMG_8112.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been wearing a Marsupial Gear Stretch Web Belt for hunting and every thing else. Even makes a good conceal carry belt if the gun is not too heavy. Light weigh, low profile, and holds the adjustment. Don’t notice it when wearing a pack or not. Mine weighs in at 3.15oz.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been wearing a Marsupial Gear Stretch Web Belt for hunting and every thing else. Even makes a good conceal carry belt if the gun is not too heavy. Light weigh, low profile, and holds the adjustment. Don’t notice it when wearing a pack or not. Mine weighs in at 3.15oz.

^^^^This^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I bought two different color Marsupial belts at the same time and have worn them for a couple years very frequently. Both slip really bad and I have to constantly tighten them back. Just my experience. Keep hearing great things about the Arcade so I might try one.

I bought two different color Marsupial belts at the same time and have worn them for a couple years very frequently. Both slip really bad and I have to constantly tighten them back. Just my experience. Keep hearing great things about the Arcade so I might try one.
Arcade is the way to go.

OP
M

Mtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
Man sounds like there are a lot of good options! Do you think the slipping of some belts depends on size and build? Just curious haven’t ever thought that much about my belts as long as they keep my pants up. But my leather work belts aren’t going to work well with a backpack. This is a rabbit hole I never thought I would go down. 😂