“Backfire” hunting challenge fail

wesfromky

WKR
It would be interesting to have them reshoot it with a RSS. And then again after a couple days of the Shoot2Hunt course. You know, for science.

Mike 338

WKR
It would be interesting to have them reshoot it with a RSS. And then again after a couple days of the Shoot2Hunt course. You know, for science.
Sounds a lot like the dudes I've golfed with who were always taking Mulligans. Do over's mean you keep trying till you get the result you want. What's an RSS?

wesfromky

WKR
Sounds a lot like the dudes I've golfed with who were always taking Mulligans. Do over's mean you keep trying till you get the result you want. What's an RSS?
More about seeing if changing rifles and getting some training would change the results, and if so, how much.

RSS:

id_jon

WKR
I didn't watch the whole video, but I only heard him say "sandbag", does he explain the rule more at some point? Seems ridiculous to allow tripods but not bags.

Gorp2007

WKR
Once again the interviews were enlightening. After going 40% from prone with no wind, 2 of the 3 said they were still comfortable out to 600 “in perfect conditions.” Jake did the best of the three (most hits AND brought a gun that survived the whole test) and said his max was 250-300 because he doesn’t practice that much.

I didn't watch the whole video, but I only heard him say "sandbag", does he explain the rule more at some point? Seems ridiculous to allow tripods but not bags.
I didn't hear an explanation. Just the part where he said "sandbag." I got the impression that he was encouraging them to use rear support a couple of times. Maybe it was in the first video, but it didn't seem to me that rear bags were prohibited? The one guy had a pack that seemed to be empty. Put a puffy in the lid...

Mikey_B79

FNG
I know Jim is trying to run a business but I do like how he doesn't mind touching a nerve here or there. His call-out on the 1 MOA guarantee was pretty good and this hunting challenge test is pretty good as well.

I remember being a young whipper-snapper of 14 thinking I could totally off-hand a whitetail at 250 yards or so, man I couldn't even hit a target at the range at that distance under perfect conditions! People definitely need to understand their limits and to get comfortable pushing them in practice so when they are on a hunt of a lifetime they can actually get the job done when it counts.

It's also neat seeing others try it out on their own channels and posting *actual* results, misses as all. Makes for enlightening viewing. Not everyone is out there nailing golf balls at 600.

Unckebob

WKR
They didn’t mention it (or if they did I missed it) but he went 0/5 with the Savage and then the next round he borrowed the suppressed Tikka and went 5/5 and used that for the rest of the course of fire.

He did pretty well for having to shoot two rifles he was not experienced with.