Batwing style packs

j43097

FNG
I'm wondering what back wing style packs are out there and what people think of them. I'm aware of the kifaru Nomad, and Eberle stock makes one, or at least add on. but what other companies. and do people like them or are they just a unique solution to a problem that doesn't exits.

Loper

WKR
I had the the batwings in an Eberlestock F1 mainframe. I bought it because I thought the design was a interesting concept and would be great for day hunts. However, it didn’t work as well as I envisioned. I’d rather have one bag with full capacity than two bags with half capacity. Two smaller bags places size restrictions on certain items. I ended up selling the batwings and frame and got an EXO K3 and haven’t regretted it at all.

Marble

WKR
The kifaru straight jacket is like a bat wing style pack. I've used one a few seasons and packed a handfull of animals with it.

I like it, but I think I'm going to get another pack that is more traditional.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

tater

WKR
Oregon Packworks was one of the original manufacturers of a batwing hunting pack. Part of their modular system at the time. The only downside to that system was the lack of truly effective load lifters and barreling with full load. As a day pack or up to 45lbs of weight it was great.

The Kifaru Nomad 1 was a direct rip off of that design.

I've used an OPW, Kifaru Nomad 1 & 2 as well as an EMR2 and Fulcrum (both of which have fold in batwings on a larger bag when in day mode).

I like the design of batwings for a variety of reasons, and always have at least one bag with that feature.

I love them, I don't think I'd use a pack without it. The OG was the Badlands 2200 which I still use alot and it's beyond versatie.