AZ outfitters

In2dmtns

FNG
Looking for someone who may have hunted or can give input on outfitters, A3, Shadow mountain outfitters, HPO, Wards.
Drew 5BN early archery bull. Appreciate any input. Thanks Rg

BBob

WKR
Shadow Valley Outfitters. I second some of the previous comments on some of the others. The 5’s are pretty straightforward hunts.

DSO123

FNG
I agree that an outfitter probably isn’t needed in 5BN. Game and fish gives some pretty good information in the unit description online and tells you where the low density area is. Everywhere else holds elk and you won’t have trouble finding them that time of year

OP
In2dmtns

In2dmtns

FNG
Not as worried about seeing elk as much as trying to make the most of a tag I will likely never have again. Never been guided. I have also never had the opportunity to hunt really nice bulls. Two weeks isn't much time to learn a place and work won't allow any prescouting. Thanks for the comments. If anyone would want to chat in private further about the unit I'll take all the advice I can get.
Thanks again RG

Scottf270

WKR
If you can't hunt the tag as effectively as you want to on your own, a top outfitter is the way to go. If work won't allow enough time to hunt the tag, it will pay an outfitter. As precious as these tags are getting I'd take a loan out if I had to.

WKR
I would give Shadow valley or HPO a call and talk with them. As Wapitibob stated, A3 and Wards have had issues with AZGF. I would also look at Burnt Timber outfitters.

OP
In2dmtns

In2dmtns

FNG
Got a list one more to consider anyone have any experience with AEO. Spoke with two guys yesterday who had the tag last year both really nice guys with good advice, also suggested with season date projected growth could be a great year take advantage of the opportunity.
Thanks Rg

208Logan

FNG
I trusted my tag with A3 2 years ago and I am a customer for life. Plenty of people out there like to talk trash but they were professional and the fact of the matter is that their clients kill some of the biggest bulls in the state. The bull in my avatar was harvested because I trusted them with my tag. If you have any questions feel free to dm me and I will give you my number.

Last edited:

Jacack

WKR
If you can call and have 10 days or so to hunt you don't have to have a guide. I would help having the guide inventory the unit some but you can find elk in that unit pretty quickly.

OP
In2dmtns

In2dmtns

FNG
Appreciate everyone who gave advice. A decision has been made good or bad we will see. I will post details and the outcome after the season. I won't leave you hanging like most do.
Hope everyone has a great and safe season, remember try and enjoy yourselves out there.
Good Luck Rg

sjvcon

FNG
Looking for someone who may have hunted or can give input on outfitters, A3, Shadow mountain outfitters, HPO, Wards.
Drew 5BN early archery bull. Appreciate any input. Thanks Rg
Congrats on the draw. My friend puts in for that unit almost every year, and we always see a lot of elk in there. Not the biggest bulls, but still pretty decent. I don't know anyone who works that unit specifically, but I spoke to a guy named Patrick McCarty who runs a service in 8/9/10 and he seemed like a great guy. If he doesn't run a service there, maybe he knows someone who does. Super down to earth dude.