Average age of Rokslide folks

Interested in average age of rokslider….What is your age category?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow I feel old looking at the age brackets being in the 56-65 racket. That being said age is just a number.

I had a widow maker heart attack at 43 just months after winning the over 40 division of the brazilin Jiu Jitsu Pan Ams. At 53 in 2019 I did my first western hunt in Colorado and was able to get myself in good enough shaper to climb a drainage that had a 1000 ft. elevation change in only 1/3 a mile. Our camp was on a ridge next to a highway and had to drop in and then climb up the other side which was higher to get to the elk. Did this with about a 25lb pack and hiked between 5-8 miles a day. I slowed my 20 yr old son down but I knew I had to work within my own body and not his. On one climb my Fitbit recorded a heart rate of 196 bpm which was the highest I have ever recorded other than the night with the heart attack. He gave me shit one time because I was slowing him down on a climb. I asked him what friends father could do what I was doing even though they were 10 years younger. When he thought about it he apologized.

We almost got it done on the 3rd day of the season with a cow coming to within 80 yards of us sitting a water hole we found good sign by, but the wind swirled and it took off. Unfortunately he woke up with altitude sickness the next day and after 4 hours 2000 feet lower than camp he wasn't feeling any better I made the decision to leave because I was afraid he would end up in the hospital 2000 miles from home. We planned on going back the next year but then Covid hit and we haven't been able to get back between the virus and now he is in the Navy. I hope to get back out there again but it will be at least a couple of years since he won't be done with his service until then. In the mean time I will continue working out and trying to keep myself healthy enough to do it when the time comes.

I'm 30... however my blood pressure thinks I'm an old man, had to start taking BP meds this year to get it under control. My wife says that I act like a child, but that's circumstantial evidence. I am still waiting for the old man strength to kick in, anyone know what age that shows up? On the bright side, I haven't started losing my hair yet, Maybe that's the reason the old man strength still hasn't hit.. damn.

Old enough to get in, but young enough to have a good time.

This is just a poll of the age of people that still use forums. Probably about the same metrics no matter the forum. Millennials that came to age with the internet and forums make up the majority. The generations before are mostly on tiktok. Older generations are still adjusting to internet/social media. If I asked my 62 year old Dad if he's been on any good forums lately, he would look at me like a cow looking at a new gate.

I could tell and knew I was in an older age bracket as compared to others just with some verbiage used in threads. I refuse to and will never use the term "running" unless I describe using a product like tires, then maybe?

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
3 votes for age 96-105? That right there is funny, I don't care who you are.

We now need a "Have you ever lied on Rokslide?" poll. :LOL:

Eddie

Catahoula

WKR
I’m 52 on the 46-55 slider. I’m still of the mind set to continue the best I can, when I can, to hunt and fish. Took my bow to my guy today for the once over tune. Weather is flipping ‘round here to start shooting outdoors again.

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
My problem is if I dont have a sheep hunt booked my 52 turns to 62. When I have a hunt booked, I feel 40! So, I told the wife if she wants me 30 lbs lighter I need to book soon.

USNvet

FNG
75 here, and can't remember what age I feel like, but it has to be a couple of decades back! On average I put in one 5-10 mile hike each week to keep my legs working. And these hikes usually include mountains and boulder scrambling, so not just walks in the park, and have included sections of the Cactus to Clouds Trail if any of you know about that day hike. I no longer hunt, but see plenty of bighorn sheep while hiking, however they are all in protected areas and seem very tame.

But get this, my hiking buddy is almost 85, and in addition to hiking with me he also averages three four mile runs per week around town, weather permitting. Five years ago he was a couch potato and figured he'd better start getting active if he wanted to put any more time on the clock!

So the moral of the story is, stay active!!! Don't just get exercise once or twice a year on hunts.