Autotrickler alternative?

Flyjunky

WKR
The future plans of the supertrickler would have me leaning that way. Weighing to sort bullets/brass and other things coming down the line is interesting.

I’d also suggest like the above poster to watch the stuff from Fclass John.

NiteQwill

FNG
Has anyone recieved a Supertrickler/ have an in depth review of it? I have a v4 on order but thinking about switching to the Supertrickler.
I have both the Supertrickler and ATV3 + IP with a dual fx120i setup. I have also formally owned every version of the Autotrickler, to include the ATV4.

The Supertrickler is leaps and bounds better than the ATV4. You WILL need to understand the workings of each setting on the Supertrickler to understand how to use it. At first, if you're not techie inclined... it is OVERWHELMING. But once you have it down, the settings are endless. It's quite a fantastic machine and a HUGE step up from a ATV4.

For pure raw speed and accuracy out of the box, the ATV3 + Ingenuity Precision trickler is the best thing on the market.

With all that said, I load primarily using the ATV3 + IP about 75% of the time. I loaded 120 round for a weekend match with the Supertrickler yesterday, and it too did very well.

NiteQwill

FNG
I should add, with my settings dialed in on my Supertrickler... I'm averaging 4.5-7 second drops of Varget with <5% overthrows in 100 rounds (the Supertrickler keeps a log file which you can access and study to understand successive and failed throws).

With my ATV3 + IP, I average 5 second drops with no overthrows. I loaded 300 rounds for a 2-day PRS match a few weeks ago and didn't have to throw back a single cup of powder. It landed on the dot every single time.

If I use both systems, loading 200 rounds from one end of the loading block to another, I can load approximately all 200 rounds in 30 minutes-ish.

Now yall got my head spinning. Guess I should cancel my V4 and go with a supertrickler or Auto Trickler V3 + Ingenuity Powder Meter.

Lawnboi

WKR
Now yall got my head spinning. Guess I should cancel my V4 and go with a supertrickler or Auto Trickler V3 + Ingenuity Powder Meter.
You would need to have a v3, or fine one used as they are no longer being made.

The good news is if you want to experiment you can likely sell a v4 or supertrickler for exactly what you have into it. That was my original plan with the super trickler, I just didn’t want to dink around with swapping on my scale, and another scale was out of the question, and not really needed for the volume I’ll be shooting this year with an infant in the house

Unfortunately I just passed on a used V3 because I was planning on getting the V4 soon.... If anyone has one they are wanting to sell LMK!

Lawnboi

WKR
Apparently you can use a V4 with an Ingenuity

Interesting, looks like a pain in the ass but interesting.

Glad more options are being pushed though. Really is a niche market but I sure do hate spending time at the loading bench dealing with over throws and a slow scale.

NiteQwill

FNG
Apparently you can use a V4 with an Ingenuity

You can but it won't work effectively. The IP is made specifically to run off the speed slider of the V3 unit. I did the same with my V4 unit and it wasn't any faster or better, IMHO.

NiteQwill

FNG
Unfortunately I just passed on a used V3 because I was planning on getting the V4 soon.... If anyone has one they are wanting to sell LMK!
If you do not have access to a V3, a Supertrickler is perfect. TBH, my review of both the units is pretty steep... I am a sucker for speed AND accuracy. Both achieve those goals very well, just differently. I am extremely happy with both units.

However, I would NOT recommend a ATV4 under any circumstances.

BjornF16

WKR
I’m not too concerned with speed…rather have the accuracy.

I thought that the AT v4 was spendy…but that SuperTrickler takes the cake.

I might spring for that IP…

Axlrod

WKR
I have been using the Auto Trickler V4 for 15 months. Loaded thousands of rounds in a dozen different cartridges with dozens of different powders from H110 to N570. It has worked flawlessly for me. Easy to set up, extremely fast and accurate, without overthrows. F class John has a side by side video of the V4 and the ST. He is/was a betta tester for both machines. He doesn't pick one over the other, but says that the ST has the ability for future expansion. And that the V4 is simpler and less money. They both are fast and accurate. For me I like the V4 running from an app vs. the onboard electronics on the ST. I have several phones and tablets that I can use if one fails, with zero down time waiting for repair of an onboard system. I have no experience with the ST, but I can without question recommend the V4.