Attn: Montana OHV users

ewade07

WKR
20$ for two years is hardly anything to complain about. You pay for a tag thats only good for 6 weeks and its more than that. Plus, the money goes back into maintaining those trails that get torn to hell every year from all the OHV riders. I don't really see the problem with it.

LOL Do you guys really think the money will go back into those trails. Dont be silly. That shit will disappear like a fart in the wind.

Last edited:

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Huh! Didn't even know you could drive on public lands also I would have assumed they'd already have had fees for that if you could. So this isn't suprizing to me in the least. Honestly they shouldn't even be allowed. Why don't we just build paved roads everywhere then. Maybe we can charge the public for tours around public lands so they can see REAL men/women in their natural environment???

Last edited:

mtman

FNG
We were already buying a permanent OHV permit, why add complexity by adding a second requirement? if they need more tax $$ couldn't they just raise the price of the permit that was already in existence.? Buying permits online yesterday there is all kinds of permits on that list that are confusing as to whether or not they are required. Some are bundled together, yet not made clear. Their online system is super easy, but the list of permits is confusing.

At least the FWP boat validation sticker is still free. OHV is redundant with PERM sticker and plate registration.

S.Clancy

WKR
We were already buying a permanent OHV permit, why add complexity by adding a second requirement? if they need more tax $$ couldn't they just raise the price of the permit that was already in existence.? Buying permits online yesterday there is all kinds of permits on that list that are confusing as to whether or not they are required. Some are bundled together, yet not made clear. Their online system is super easy, but the list of permits is confusing.
I think it's easier to add a permit than raise fees. See our 2018 (?) addition of a "hunting license" for $10. The commission/legislative process in MT sucks.