OHV Permit to drive/camp down?

TSU_Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve done overlanding in the past and had the permit for my overland rig but all the signs and places we went straight up said “OHV”

I am a little confused and wanted to make sure I wasn’t about to come back to my truck after hunting all day to fine tickets on my windshield for being back there and camping. It’s only a 500 yard stretch of road with a dead end. Was wanting to use it as a closer access, but needed to insure I’m not in violation. Colorado resident and hunting in Colorado for information purposes.

a727853d26fccf040df0ac0cc7907488.jpg

I’m looking at a bunch of new spots this year in Colo and if it says “OHV” then you do need that OHV permit that you said you had previously for your over-landing rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TSU_Archer

TSU_Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking at a bunch of new spots this year in Colo and if it says “OHV” then you do need that OHV permit that you said you had previously for your over-landing rig.

Copy that, wasn’t sure if there was any “grey” area for hunting season or whatever.Unfortunately my time using the OHV permit was short lived so I am quite new still to what is and isn’t allowed when it pertains to trails with this intended usage.

Let me ask you this, where I’m parked now isn’t really far from that dead end. What if I was to just camp down there, kind of a soft spike camp. Wonder if that would be ok.

Weldor

WKR
I checked what a OHV is in Colorado, Seen those signs myself and was curious. No where does it mention trucks or ? It just says surplus military vechicles, dune buggys, atv, utv, snowmobile. Any from Colorado DMV on here or USFS to Clarify?

Weldor

WKR
Thanks, Much appreciated. Nowadays I can't keep up with all the rules. Down here in AZ. each national forest or some counties have their on rules for atv's and such.

Yea it’s tough. Same here as I’m all up through CO WY and ID and always unsure “what’s what”.

Buddy just bought a new dirt bike here in CO and he said it was a real PITA to get the appointment, wait several months, and then pay more money for the OHV permit. And he did that just to “occasionally ride OHV”

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
Just dove down a rabbit hole on this one.... Live in AZ, have hunts in CO & NM, will be camping in Utah for a vacation. All with OHV usage. I have 12 tabs open and am more confused than I have been in a while. Here is NM, it makes sense to me: 1693929333499.png