Ats 65 hd vs zeiss gavia 85

Cody66

FNG
As the title states curious to see if anyone has been able to compare or have had experience with either the zeiss conquest gavia 85 and the swarovski ats 65 hd, the reason I'm comparing these two instead of the zeiss and the swaro 80 HD is that the zeiss and the ats 65 HD are very similar in price

OP
Cody66

Cody66

FNG
Thanks for the response and putting up that previous thread

I've owned the Gavia 85 and an ATS 65, no contest, the ATS 65 HD is a much better scope. The Gavia carried the name but felt more like a Razor HD in the field. The Gavia's inability to resolve with higher powers is very apparent.

Sankuh

FNG
I've owned the Gavia 85 and an ATS 65, no contest, the ATS 65 HD is a much better scope. The Gavia carried the name but felt more like a Razor HD in the field. The Gavia's inability to resolve with higher powers is very apparent.
Bummer that Zeiss missed the mark with the Gaiva.

OP
Cody66

Cody66

FNG
Didn't end up upgrading my spotter this year but when I do I'm probably going with a swaro

Outwest

WKR
This X2. I had read somewhere the gavia was essentially a razor wrapped in black. I wasn't impressed for the price. The s series will serve you better.

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a STS 65HD and the Gavia i used at a shooting competition was not that good. For my eyes viewing was not pleasant, not as clear or bright.

I know it has been said plenty but Kowa, Swaro, or Leica are the way. I have all Swaro and the Kowa wins in some categories and swaro wins in others. Swaro 65 HD imo.