Asolo Fugitive GTX Not Waterproof

kingsfoil

FNG
This may just be me, but I purchased some new Asolo Fugitive GTXs a few months ago and after putting less than 5 miles on them have found that they are not waterproof at all. A dog walk in the rain was all it took. I am super disappointed. I know that all these "waterproof" boots are not actually waterproof, but I expected better than this. Thankfully REI will have to take them back.

Looking at getting Scarpa Kinesis, Kennetrek Hardscrabble, Schnee's Divide, or something else. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Think you got a lemon. I had a pair of Fugitive GTX's be waterproof in some pretty rough conditions for around a year. I get the TPS 520 GVs to be waterproof several years. If those boots fit your foot well I'd try a replacement pair.

Gore-Tex has an incredible guarantee/warranty. I have personally used it in the past. I had a pair of Rocky boots that after several years, like 3 or 4 no longer were waterproof, of course Rocky did nothing, but I came across this article about Gore-Tex's warranty. I ended up going to the link below and started the process of returning the boots to them. I ended up having to come up with what the estimated value of the boots were which I think I was able to find an example on the internet and gave them the link. They then basically gave me a voucher for $160 and said I could send them another link with the boots that had Gore-Tex I wanted and the size I wanted and my shipping address. Before I knew it I had a new pair of Gore-Tex boots sent to my house. It was really painless overall. I will likely end up doing the same for the new boots I have, another pair I have, my sons, Nike boots with Gore-Tex, and also my wife's ski gloves that are outfitted with Gore-Tex. Now that I think about it I actually have another pair of ski gloves that have Gore-Tex that are leaking now, may see if they will take those back.

Gore-Tex warranty

Last edited:
you got a lemon. I haven’t bought a pair since switching to Crispi but those asolos were my go to boots for years. I think I had 3 pair over 10-12 years. Apart from one pair where the mid soles rotted after 6-7 years, they were great to me.

OP
K

kingsfoil

FNG
Gore-Tex has an incredible guarantee/warranty. I have personally used it in the past. I had a pair of Rocky boots that after several years, like 3 or 4 no longer were waterproof, of course Rocky did nothing, but I came across this article about Gore-Tex's warranty. I ended up going to the link below and started the process of returning the boots to them. I ended up having to come up with what the estimated value of the boots were which I think I was able to find an example on the internet and gave them the link. They then basically gave me a voucher for $160 and said I could send them another link with the boots that had Gore-Tex I wanted and the size I wanted and my shipping address. Before I knew it I had a new pair of Gore-Tex boots sent to my house. It was really painless overall. I will likely end up doing the same for the new boots I have, another pair I have, my sons, Nike boots with Gore-Tex, and also my wife's ski gloves that are outfitted with Gore-Tex. Now that I think about it I actually have another pair of ski gloves that have Gore-Tex that are leaking now, may see if they will take those back.

Gore-Tex warranty
That is really good to know about, thanks for sharing!