Arrow wraps and finding arrows

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
So, only found one thread on this from 2018. https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/arrow-wraps.97460/

There is the advantage of being easier to refletch. My question is, does anyone think putting orange reflective wraps on would be worth while for finding an arrow. I have lighted nocks, but in the jungle that is an Alaskan rainforest I worry about finding an arrow.

I already have orange and red fletching.

I guess, in the fall, pink might be a better color than orange. But, most fall colors up here are yellow with some red.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I think it helps, all mine are neon orange/green. I also don’t use lighted nocks so the more visibility the better. My primary purpose for them is for ease of refletching though.

TheViking

WKR
I like white wraps, helps detect blood color - lung hit, liver hit, guts, etc.

Sometimes it doesn’t matter and they’re completely covered in blood and you can’t see shit.

This arrow was a frontal full pass through on a doe.

b765d9889336fdaf58d52ba667d63a45.jpg

2cf3dc525d27c1b8746a534d65f809a7.jpg

MattB

WKR
I use a short white wrap (actually buy 8" wraps and cut them in half to save $), and I think it helps in finding arrows. Not sure I would go reflective though because of how they may look when in direct sunlight. Wraps sure make it easier to refletch if you damage/lose a vane.

I make all my own wraps out of oracal and a fiskars cutting jig, I prefer matte white wraps on my hunting arrows. Blood is very easy to read on those, with white vanes. Ive found the best way to find an arrow on your practice range or yard is flo green wraps and flo green vanes......wait till dark and go out there with a blacklight. The green wraps are like beacons under than blacklight in the dark.

Attachments

• IMG_2575.jpeg
    IMG_2575.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 34

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Not to derail the thread but, do wraps help seeing your arrow in flight?
I have white vanes and nocks and they’re awesome but I’m always tinkering.

10ringer

WKR
Not to derail the thread but, do wraps help seeing your arrow in flight?
I have white vanes and nocks and they’re awesome but I’m always tinkering.

Absolutely yes, they are like a tracer in flight using all white or all yellow. If there is a decent cross wind you will see the extra flash of the wrap if the arrow drifts . It has also helped me read impacts on animals to see if the arrow deflected at all on impact.

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Absolutely yes, they are like a tracer in flight using all white or all yellow. If there is a decent cross wind you will see the extra flash of the wrap if the arrow drifts . It has also helped me read impacts on animals to see if the arrow deflected at all on impact.
Now I have 4 reasons to use wraps. Thanks.

I like wraps. Keeps my shafts in good shape since I’m not scraping glue off all the time. I use either fluorescent pink or yellow. Both stand out. Yellow at dawn or dusk is particularly easy to find and pink is a little better in full sun. I don’t use lighted nocks because I haven’t found one I like that much and they fly a little different than my normal nocks.

Marble

WKR
I used to wrap my arrows but stopped. Half the time, the wrap would get ripped off with the vane, and in order to fix it correctly, needed to remove everything. Now I just put it right on the arrow . Much better and less time.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Wraps sure make it easier to refletch if you damage/lose a vane.
How does it make it easier? Without wraps it's a piece of cake to replace just one vane. I bought 1/2 a dozen arrows from a guy one time years ago and they were already wrapped and fletched. It was a major pain getting those wraps off. I figured they would just unpeel......nope.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
How does it make it easier? Without wraps it's a piece of cake to replace just one vane. I bought 1/2 a dozen arrows from a guy one time years ago and they were already wrapped and fletched. It was a major pain getting those wraps off. I figured they would just unpeel......nope.
Some do and some don’t. I’ve tried wraps that were a nightmare to get off, absolutely did not make anything easier. Then I found some that come off nice and fairly clean.
I use AAE max stealth and if you try to strip them off bare arrow some carbon is coming off (or maybe I’m just bad at it). With the wrap you do have to replace all three but it’s quick, clean, and easy.

npm352

WKR
I like pink or green wraps for finding in grass or brush, but white really helps to confirm what kind of hit I'm dealing with.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
With the wrap you do have to replace all three but it’s quick, clean, and easy.
That's kind of a pain. I can replace a single vane w/o a wrap in 1-2 minutes, and that includes scraping the old glue off. If I used wraps I'd probably just scrape a section of the wrap away under the glue if I was going to replace a single vane. For me, the only reason I'd use wraps would be for finding the arrows easier. But I've never really had a losing arrow problem, so I don't use them.

Wrench

WKR
White and pink are what I like. The orange, yellow and green all match colors found in my area during the season. If it snows....I follow the arrow divot.

Some do and some don’t. I’ve tried wraps that were a nightmare to get off, absolutely did not make anything easier. Then I found some that come off nice and fairly clean.
I use AAE max stealth and if you try to strip them off bare arrow some carbon is coming off (or maybe I’m just bad at it). With the wrap you do have to replace all three but it’s quick, clean, and easy.

I set my shafts in acetone, I haven't tested easton, but Victory, GT, and BE shafts are fine. Take a cutoff piece, put it in a jar of acetone. See what happens. Takes months for them to start to break down.

The glue and vane will wipe right off after sitting for a few minutes.

I never got much out of wraps. We would put a 3/8" wide ring of reflective wrap on our stump shooting arrows. Easy to find them with a flash light.

Sled

WKR
I use wraps for many reasons. I stay away from reflective one due to the weight. I'll refletch directly over the lost portion of wrap and nobody will ever know or care.

87TT

WKR
I have some grass and sage brush behind my targets. It is also a slight upslope hill. In the summer months the ground is hard and dry. The arrows that hit it, (thank God are few)can skip and be a PITA to find. I have tried all kinds of vane and wrap colors. Kind of lean toward reflective as I have found them at night with a flashlight but nothing is fool proof. In the snow......... sometimes spring is the only answer.

Jethro

WKR
Dunking them in boiling water softens adhesive enough to peel them off.

I use Bohning 7” cut in half. White or hot pink. Helps me see arrow point of impact. I don’t feel it makes refletch any easier.