Arizona late rifle bull elk hunt

sz28

FNG
Congratulations on the tag! I live on the southern border of that unit. I also drew a late rifle bull tag in a different unit. Let me know if you need anything!

Good unit. You can find uncrowded hunting in the junipers, but it's not easy to hunt. I have a couple friends going back this coming December. Good luck to you.

fap1800

Lil-Rokslider
I drew a late season AZ bull tag a couple years ago. Killed a nice 6pt on the second to last day. Best advice has already been stated. Find the nastiest canyons that will give you a good vantage point. Get there before first light and glass. They'll come out of the junipers and work their way down. One thing that I will say is, if you find a good spot overlooking a deep canyon that allows you to see a ways, like the pic below, stay there and give it time. You might not see them at first, but they'll eventually get up to feed and appear. Hunt them like a whitetail. As others mentioned, there are a lot of road hunters, but very little hunt the canyons. There's a reason for that. If you get one down in one, be prepared. It sucks. And if you're hunting solo, make sure you have a InReach or something similar. Oh, and goes without saying. It gets pretty cold at night. Mid-teens.

unnamed (20).jpg